Dynadot

Just sold my first domain at Afternic.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
So, in my latest video I talked about uploading everything into Afternic, and pointing all my domains to their relative Afternic buy it now pages.

Well, I just sold my first domain through this method.

I will reveal the information once the deal is finalized ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Congrats brother! Just let me know if you sell more domains by this method. I would definitely like to try this.

•••
Thank you for all of these. Definitely, it's an eye opener for newbies like us.

•••
This video explains things on Afternic in more detail.

•••
You want to list BIN names between $250-$25,000 because that way it is loaded into the most partners on the network.

You can list with no BIN price but it shows up in less places. The video explains this in detail.

You can set a min offer on Afternic on a domain with a BIN and offer. That min offer will be followed by Afternic but not all the partners including GoDaddy. But it is important to note that this applies only to domains with a BIN and an offer. The BIN price is shown in most places in the network over the offer, so for instance if you have joe.com for $1k Bin and and offers of over $200 will be considered a customer going to GoDaddy.com will see the BIN price on the main website and the BIN price will also be more prominent on the auctions.godaddy.com page. The reason for this is the names with prices sell a lot more than the unpriced ones, the video goes into that as well and shows real customer examples.

Hope this clears things up a bit more.

•••
I sold many names through afternic. What I don't like is high commissions which pushes me to find other solutions.

•••
Congrats brother! Just let me know if you sell domains by this method. Ok

•••
Wow, where in the world have my thread notifications been. I haven't been getting updates, but yea. So the deal finally wrapped up, payment has been sent so I feel like I can share the name and details:

Domain: WP(.)Training
Acquired: 9/13/2015 (194 days ago)
Renewal: $89/yr (last I checked - but I know it was ~$100)
Cost: $182.60 EAP Reg
Sale Price: $747
Afternic Fees: 20% ($149.40)
PayPal Fees: 4% ($23.90)
Net Profit: $391.096
ROI: 109.89%
Outbound Efforts: Does playing golf count?
Time Spent: A few minutes registering, and like 4 seconds pricing it and another 30 seconds uploading to Afternic?

This domain isn't mind blowing, but it does have commercial value (Wordpress Training). I priced it to sell, and it worked. $747 for someone who wants to start a training company is peanuts. So all in all, great experience. Even better that it was 100% passive and I didn't have to do @#%^! Just the way I like it.

I will report on other domains that sell in the same manner.

•••
That's interesting. So it wasn't even a Premium name. I wonder through which route the buyer found it. My guess is they direct-landed on it or maybe typed it into GoDaddy and bought it through Auctions? Who knows? I don't think Afternic gives that level of detail?

•••
Considering potential holding costs, that was a nice outcome and maintenance free.

•••
That's interesting. So it wasn't even a Premium name. I wonder through which route the buyer found it. My guess is they direct-landed on it or maybe typed it into GoDaddy and bought it through Auctions? Who knows? I don't think Afternic gives that level of detail?

Nope, not premium. Just a regular ol' domain. I don't get that kind of detail from the dashboard =/ Not that i'm aware of any whom. Maybe I'll reach out and ask?

•••
Nope, not premium. Just a regular ol' domain. I don't get that kind of detail from the dashboard =/ Not that i'm aware of any whom. Maybe I'll reach out and ask?

Pretty sure that information is not available to us.

All we can really tell is that it was not premium, and thus was available in less channels, and makes the sale more impressive IMHO because it wasn't even utilizing Afternic's full reach.

•••
Just a regular ol' domain.

lol "just a regular ol' domain" selling for darn near $1,000 a minute after it goes live. We're in a good business :)

•••
lol "just a regular ol' domain" selling for darn near $1,000 a minute after it goes live. We're in a good business :)
LOL! When you say it like that...

•••
So, in my latest video I talked about uploading everything into Afternic, and pointing all my domains to their relative Afternic buy it now pages.

I did do that and I'm doing that on my own home base site with Adsense so I can write relative content.

I moved servers so the new site is iqued.com

I'm building a website for someone else so I had to stop midstream but I think that either way is good, one may be better than the other.

The important thing is to make sure you are testing one thing or the other.

•••

•••
•••
Interesting, especially having just read some of the terrible Afternic reviews here on NP. I will have to check out your last vid.

I've been parking everything at EFTY. I like the direct communication with the lead.

Efty has been great for me as well!! great portal I definitely recommend it ! thanks for posting

:xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile:

•••
uploaded 1700 domains to afternic last week have not had a chance to put buy it now prices on them yet but had 3 inquires for prices,I pretty much priced them fairly BIN since then ,let see if I get any bites

•••
on the afternic page they give the buyers a list other domains that you own ,which defeats the whole purpose of the buy it now, people can bypass afternic and contact you directly or even see how much you would come down on other domains you own as a test. Is there any way to turn this feature off.

•••
@ben pedri Yes you can turn it off somewhere in Afternic. It's not that hard to find but I can't remember how I did it off the top of my head right now.

•••
nice sale price for wp.training! Good job.

•••
I've uploaded around 3,000, but most of those are Chinese domains, so I don't expect Afternic sales on them. There are around 200 or so that aren't Chinese domains which I've uploaded already, that number will increase drastically should the next few months prove this method a wise one. We shall see!

Definitely looking forward to hearing your results on this! I will continue to provide updates, negative or positive experiences with this method.

Yea, I prefer to use things for myself and draw my own conclusions :) How does the saying go? One mans trash is another mans treasure? lol

Solid guess, it's almost like you already know ;)

It was a high $xxx sale on a hand-reg from the end of last year. So nothing to write home about, however, it was the easiest sale I've ever had.

Money is in Afternic Escrow, and deal practically closed, so I will reveal more information soon, including pricing. I've been trying out different price points and hopefully I'll gather enough data this year to speak on it more thoroughly next year.

#TheHuntForTheMostScalableAndProfitableModelAndLongestHashtagEver
3000 Chinese names? I thought you "didn't understand the Chinese market"? lol and Congrats on your sale!

•••
3000 Chinese names? I thought you "didn't understand the Chinese market"? lol and Congrats on your sale!
I still don't understand the Chinese market ;) Doesn't mean I can't make some money in it! lol

•••
Wow, where in the world have my thread notifications been. I haven't been getting updates, but yea. So the deal finally wrapped up, payment has been sent so I feel like I can share the name and details:

Domain: WP(.)Training
Acquired: 9/13/2015 (194 days ago)
Renewal: $89/yr (last I checked - but I know it was ~$100)
Cost: $182.60 EAP Reg
Sale Price: $747
Afternic Fees: 20% ($149.40)
PayPal Fees: 4% ($23.90)
Net Profit: $391.096
ROI: 109.89%
Outbound Efforts: Does playing golf count?
Time Spent: A few minutes registering, and like 4 seconds pricing it and another 30 seconds uploading to Afternic?

This domain isn't mind blowing, but it does have commercial value (Wordpress Training). I priced it to sell, and it worked. $747 for someone who wants to start a training company is peanuts. So all in all, great experience. Even better that it was 100% passive and I didn't have to do @#%^! Just the way I like it.

I will report on other domains that sell in the same manner.
Im a little confused but ,never sold anything on afternic but I sold quite a few on godaddy ,They picked up all the paypal charges what ever I sold they deducted there 15% or 20% and the rest was mine. Has this changed ,I cant see selling a chinese premium for 2200 and paying them 20% then paypal another$100 bucks or so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back