NameSilo

Names with similar sounding alphabet(s)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What is the value of 1 word dictionary domains starting with/containing similar sounding alphabets?
How they are seen when compared to their original names?

For example(Here, two words are given so as to avoid mentioning already taken 1 word dictionary domains),
kontainersonthefly.com instead of containersonthefly
dokumentanytime.com instead of documentanytime

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some can fly at brand market places. But not in all cases.

•••
What is the value of 1 word dictionary domains starting with/containing similar sounding alphabets?
How they are seen when compared to their original names?

For example(Here, two words are given so as to avoid mentioning already taken 1 word dictionary domains),
kontainersonthefly.com instead of containersonthefly
dokumentanytime.com instead of documentanytime

Thanks.

Doubt there is any value in a three word domain, some one words have done well, I take it you mean using K instead of a C or Z instead of an S. Like Kuddle.com vs Cuddle.com or Cats.com vs Catz.com.

•••
Doubt there is any value in a three word domain, some one words have done well, I take it you mean using K instead of a C or Z instead of an S. Like Kuddle.com vs Cuddle.com or Cats.com vs Catz.com.

Yes. I meant One word dictionary domains only.
I was trying to understand if estibot evaluation is 200K for a one word name, if I change the first letter and get a name as in Kuddle.com, will it be valued at 70% of the original?

•••
I would say quite a bit less than 70% .. maybe 7% .. probably less (although I'm sure someone will point out a very rare occasional exception or two .. it certainly helps if the original word is completely off the market) .. *IF* it's a VERY common single word or term in .com. Also factor into the equation that even at a significantly lower price, there's a significantly lower probability of sale as well that eats into your assessment value as an investor.

The only other context where it could work for very rare 2-word .com's is to make the first letters match for something where there is a strong existing market. Something like KrazyKitchen for example *IF* there was indeed a market for crazy kitchens .. but even those are a bit of a stretch. I have a short 8 letter domain like that in the Cannabis industry .. so the words are short and simple in a super hot industry .. but for the most part, 99.99% of such domains would not be good enough to justify investing in even if indeed they could be decent brands.

Last edited:
•••
As stated when it comes to brandables or miss spelling words it really has to be a short popular word in the .com version. When you start doing long domains that will not have much value.

There are cases in which you could see some type in traffic but even then this will be pretty rare with a long domain like the ones you mentioned.

- Will

•••
Yes... I meant the one word domains...!

•••
I was trying to understand if estibot evaluation is 200K for a one word name, if I change the first letter and get a name as in Kuddle.com, will it be valued at 70% of the original?

5%-10% is possible in some cases, 70% NEVER

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back