NameSilo

Overbite brace fix

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vip-ip

Account Closed
Impact
My orthodontis dentist told me that I'll have a metal overbite fixer for a year, and then braces for a year. I got a metal jaw mover, it keeps my bottow jaw up front so it can't go back, that's how they're gonna fix it. I can't imagine how I'm gonna have it for a YEAR because right now it hurts like hell (but it'll go away in a couple of days, I'm sure) but most of all I CAN'T BITE FOOD! It's not exactly a retainer, here are some pics of my mouth:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

So, what it is is 4 little cups that fit perfectly on top of my back teeth (2 top, two bottom on the very back). It has a telescopic tube from top to bottom (2 tubes total) behind my cheek so you can't really see it with my mouth closed) which keeps my jaw up front. There's no way I can move it back the way my overbite wants to. There's also a little brace behind my bottom teeth that keep that pushing up front.

The whole thing hurts because my jaw muscle is tired, my teeth are shifting around, and it hurts to chew because the teeth are not used to the metal thing.

I wonder what this thing is called, and if anyone has ever had the same structure before.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Weird....

Looks damn painful :p

I had a brace for a year and a half, and then retainers for a year i think (i never wore the retainers the whole time i had them, but shhhhh! :p)

•••
It doesn't really hurt the gums, but mostly teeth because they're shifting a little bit. About the same pain you get from separators that you have to wear for a week or two before getting braces.

Also, which painkillers work the best for teeth?

•••
I just took paracetemol, and it seemed to work well =)

I didnt mean they actually DID hurt, i meant they looked damn painful ;)

•••
i had braces for 18mths and i got retainers atm, for like another 6 months, and shhh, i aint wore them all the time either, this topic reminded me to put em back in, i just got em back from the orthodontist yesterday and now they hurting as i aint wore them for 2 weeks :( lol

•••
That thing stopped hurting today. Hurts in the morning, but after I brush my teeth the ache stops ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back