discuss Squadhelp - Good idea?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WebAddy.co

Established Member
Impact
So our domains are currently listed on :

Afternic (BIN)
Own custom landing pages (Make an offer with Offers in the region of)
Sedo (MO)
Dan.com (MO)
Godaddy (MO)
DomainAgents (MO)
SquadHelp (MO)

So far, no sales for a month and a half. But seems like a number of Domainers feeling that pinch. My question for today friends is as follows, how do people feel about SquadHelp.com?

I recently thought - Okay - Let's give them a whirl. They have two listing options :

1. Standard listing - allowing you to list the domains on their market place, paying a 7.5% commission, and no exclusivity requirements.
2. Premium Listing - They apparently market these a lot more externally, asking for a 35% -> 15% commission depending on domain price. They do some extra bits and bobs to the domains to make them stand out better for people to buy (incl. Logos etc). You can choose a premium listing with exclusivity, meaning you have to sell all the domains through SH, or you can pay a coin ($1) to list with semi-exclusive - basically meaning that you cannot list anywhere other than Afternic.

Because of my other listing arrangements, I thought - well - I will list as standard as they are wanting to sell domains so may not get the external marketing (although you can upgrade for a fee for SOME of this) I would give them a whirl.

So merrily I go and put on close on 200 domains as a test case, non-exclusive, standard listing MO. I then go to search the marketplace to see what my domains look like - and low and behold - none of them shows up. I have verified them, even filled in a little bit of detail to help the squad help systems find the domains. Still nothing.

I get hold of them to discuss - and they say - or your domains won't show in the market place. I'm like "Gulp!" why not? Because they are standard listings they say. They then direct me to a link for a market place that shows the standard listings too, but guess what fellow patrons of the virtual real-estate world - this market place link doesn't seem to show up (even searching directly for it) on any of the page links in the NAV bar. Meaning that people actually don't directly get the ability to search standard domains.

I asked if the enhanced exposure would put them on the "standard" marketplace that has a link on the site, I was told no - that's only for premium domains.

So I am like - how do people find the standard domains - to which I got this response from the lady on chat "As mentioned earlier, the all domains link will be promoted to prospects via retargeting ads as well as popups - thus, prospects can still see standard domains." - So basically people cannot search directly for your keywords, just if the system thinks it should make a last-ditch attempt to sell the "standard stuff".

So I thought - let's test this. I then found a premium domain that was VERY close to one of mine. I went onto the landing page for it and low and behold - my Standard domain is nowhere to be found - no retargeting - no additional info - nothing.

If they were negotiable on their premium listings I may upgrade, even if it cost me money. I want my domains to have the best chance across many marketplaces. I cannot afford to have $500k worth of domains in one marketplace. The sticking points for me are:

1. I do not want restrictive exclusive relationships. I want the option to sell wherever I like.
2. I am happy for commissions to be higher on the basis that they do some marketing leg-work. But they expect the higher commissions with the exclusivity.
3. Only 10% of the accepted premium domains can be MO - otherwise they have to be BIN. This restricts things significantly.

To top it all off - I use my own landing pages - but when clicking on the domain when I could search for it in the standard unknown / cant be found marketplace, the landing page brought up a 404 error. Fun! Every barrier to actually selling anything through SH.

Anyways, that's my little rant. Would love to hear from others - and/or perhaps even from SquadHelp themselves? So far - chatting to them online has only caused confusion and frustration.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So if say I don't want to go for a premium listing at SH, does it makes any sense to go for SH Standard listing or Standard listing is of no use?

Depends on what you want to achieve by it? If it's to get traffic from SH users to your standard domains, then no. Standard listed domains needs traffic driven to them by your own efforts (e.g. externally). It's like a DAN listing, except that your domains are not searchable by anyone using DAN, only organic searches if you use their landing pages. Not much of a use.

•••
i think sh is bad idea because platform requires exclusive listing with pointing on their nameservers.

•••
I've been listing with SH now... 30% commission and for a $1 "coin" I can list with Afternic and they list with SedoMLS. So I get my name in a brandable marketplace and still have it listed with the 2 majors. Along with the $1 I get a logo and a nice landing page. Not a bad deal (assuming they can sell at least some of the names). With (my) current approval rates, it's more like $2 per name - but still, not bad. Maybe as I submit more names it'll get closer to $3 - but I expect it to stop there (you've got to know the types of names they're looking for).

Has anyone had any SH sales lately?

•••
So our domains are currently listed on :

Afternic (BIN)
Own custom landing pages (Make an offer with Offers in the region of)
Sedo (MO)
Dan.com (MO)
Godaddy (MO)
DomainAgents (MO)
SquadHelp (MO)

So far, no sales for a month and a half. But seems like a number of Domainers feeling that pinch. My question for today friends is as follows, how do people feel about SquadHelp.com?

I recently thought - Okay - Let's give them a whirl. They have two listing options :

1. Standard listing - allowing you to list the domains on their market place, paying a 7.5% commission, and no exclusivity requirements.
2. Premium Listing - They apparently market these a lot more externally, asking for a 35% -> 15% commission depending on domain price. They do some extra bits and bobs to the domains to make them stand out better for people to buy (incl. Logos etc). You can choose a premium listing with exclusivity, meaning you have to sell all the domains through SH, or you can pay a coin ($1) to list with semi-exclusive - basically meaning that you cannot list anywhere other than Afternic.

Because of my other listing arrangements, I thought - well - I will list as standard as they are wanting to sell domains so may not get the external marketing (although you can upgrade for a fee for SOME of this) I would give them a whirl.

So merrily I go and put on close on 200 domains as a test case, non-exclusive, standard listing MO. I then go to search the marketplace to see what my domains look like - and low and behold - none of them shows up. I have verified them, even filled in a little bit of detail to help the squad help systems find the domains. Still nothing.

I get hold of them to discuss - and they say - or your domains won't show in the market place. I'm like "Gulp!" why not? Because they are standard listings they say. They then direct me to a link for a market place that shows the standard listings too, but guess what fellow patrons of the virtual real-estate world - this market place link doesn't seem to show up (even searching directly for it) on any of the page links in the NAV bar. Meaning that people actually don't directly get the ability to search standard domains.

I asked if the enhanced exposure would put them on the "standard" marketplace that has a link on the site, I was told no - that's only for premium domains.

So I am like - how do people find the standard domains - to which I got this response from the lady on chat "As mentioned earlier, the all domains link will be promoted to prospects via retargeting ads as well as popups - thus, prospects can still see standard domains." - So basically people cannot search directly for your keywords, just if the system thinks it should make a last-ditch attempt to sell the "standard stuff".

So I thought - let's test this. I then found a premium domain that was VERY close to one of mine. I went onto the landing page for it and low and behold - my Standard domain is nowhere to be found - no retargeting - no additional info - nothing.

If they were negotiable on their premium listings I may upgrade, even if it cost me money. I want my domains to have the best chance across many marketplaces. I cannot afford to have $500k worth of domains in one marketplace. The sticking points for me are:

1. I do not want restrictive exclusive relationships. I want the option to sell wherever I like.
2. I am happy for commissions to be higher on the basis that they do some marketing leg-work. But they expect the higher commissions with the exclusivity.
3. Only 10% of the accepted premium domains can be MO - otherwise they have to be BIN. This restricts things significantly.

To top it all off - I use my own landing pages - but when clicking on the domain when I could search for it in the standard unknown / cant be found marketplace, the landing page brought up a 404 error. Fun! Every barrier to actually selling anything through SH.

Anyways, that's my little rant. Would love to hear from others - and/or perhaps even from SquadHelp themselves? So far - chatting to them online has only caused confusion and frustration.
I even mentioned these issues and others to Darpan and honestly I am not impressed and will have to consider something new. 8 months and yea.

•••
Last edited:
•••
You're responding to a post from 2021 that was describing the old situation. Recently, the visibility of Standard listings has improved a lot.

https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/a...rd-wlm-listings-discovered-in-the-marketplace

Personally I think premium listings should take priority. Significantly. You want to pay only 7.5% commission rather than 25-30% - guess what, you lose certain marketing. Why should SH be in the business of marketing names where they get less? Especially if your standard names were denied and can't get listed as Premium. Getting premium isn't all that hard... I am at a 70% approval rate. So it costs me ~$1.30 per name. If your name(s) aren't worth $1.30 to get marketing they are pretty poor if you ask me and aren't deserving of higher results in search.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back