IT.COM

Waiting List Service Opinion?

NameSilo
Watch
Hi Guys,
Waiting List Service may or may not be implemented on OCT 11, and from what i have read i have recieved mixed opinions about it. So i just want to know how many of you guys are looking forwart for WLS implementation and how many of you are dismayed because of it.

Personally i do not know how to respond as i am new to domain business so i am looking to others for answers.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm looking forward to WLS because I favor simplicity and definition in the domain back-order market. All of the negative effects that will result from WLS (namely the business models that will need to be overhauled or thrown out) are sad, but I think the consumer experience will be far better for it. Currently, the backorder landscape has become more and more complicated, unstable, and at times suspicious (with little recourse).

WLS is a strange new world that will undoubtably be frought with its own share of problems and challenges, but the advantage as always will be to those that think ahead and take the time to supplement there actions with adequate research. Many people who currently catch drops will no doubt be caught unprepared for the new realities, so that too will be unsettling.

Best Regards,
~ Nexus

Last edited:
•••
•••
I like WLS because it will give better chance for small domain players to grab decent domain names.

•••
I like WLS because it will give better chance for small domain players to grab decent domain names.

Do you really think so?

Do you think places like Ult and BD are sitting around watching Oprah right now.? I would hazard they are well into domains that wont expire until next summer already getting their list of 'snaps' that they will buy up the very first day if WLS comes to town.

Small players will never get the chance because they will never be able to afford to buy that many that far in advance.

Expensive? Yes but once they have the initial outlay paid for, they can sit back because they will be miles ahead of anyone else.

The only chance a 'small player' will have will be to contact the domain owner (which most wil never take the time to do ) and that in itself will probably add to the price once they know someone is interested.

Buy all the farms you can now because once Conagra comes to town, you will have to live off of their crumbs. ;)

•••
Depends on how many wait orders can be added for a single domain name. If 100 people are all waiting in line to get a certain domain name, it means that newcomers will have a 0% possibility. Unless of course they are willing to wait for all those 100 people to get their hands on the domain name.

•••
WLS only allows for 1 'wait request' for each domain so the first one there gets it.

•••
If they allow only 1 request per domain, it will be great!

•••
believe

i believe that it is first come first serve basis like snapnames.:-/

•••
Unfortunately if any of the small players ever want to see a decent name again they will have to purchase it diectly from the current owner or secondary market for WLS backorders

However, I do believe we are a long way from seeing WLS implemented. I see injunctions on the horizon

•••
Straight from the horse's mouth. "Ironically Mann, who has been a staunch anti-WLS leader, admits that implementation of WLS would actually benefit his company by lowering BD’s domain acquisition costs. "

http://dnjournal.com/columns/coverstory8.htm

•••
Originally posted by nascar1
Do you really think so?...

Yes.

I found i name (worth few thousands $) that will 90% drop in December. It has no Snap on it and no one noticed it so far.

But what is the problem: i buy Snap slot now (lets forget that WLS comes in October probably) hoping that SN will grab it for me, and on a day when this DN drops, Buydomains, Pool or somebody else grabs it instead of SN.

Then i lost this thousands $, SN fee AND time (time=money).

If i buy WLS slot instead of SN slot, if domain drops - its mine.
And this is 90% possible (not less).

This is major advantage of WLS for small players.
You can rely on your knowledge of domain industry, not worrying about what others do.

Money is just a side part of a "game": you can buy millions of WLS slot, but there will always be enough space/domains that will pass by large players unnoticed.

This is why i support WLS.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back