Dynadot

Web 5.0 Discussion Thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pusang Gala

NoyPi DomainerTop Member
Impact
So, just saw this on twitter. Feel free to drop your opinions.

Screenshot_20220611_033148.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Web5me//com
Web5Go//com
Web5Now//com
Web5Work//com
Web5Invest//com
Web5School//com

Web5Pro//xyz
Web5Fund//xyz
Web5Shop//xyz
Web5Tools//xyz
Web5Music//xyz
Web5Connect//xyz
Web5Developers//xyz

•••
Just like @bmugford has stated in this thread, if the average Joe will not understand what web5 is, it is doomed. You cannot simply build tech for 10 people who understand what you are saying or thinking.
Nope.
I just said, it is most likely to be successful within a (its) niche.
Means, id. management etc.

Regarding the average user:
It does not depend on him, but on which tech developers (!) are most comfortable to work with.

If the majority chooses solution a over b, gets skilled by working with it etc, the whole infrastructure will be built upon it/using it.

(Very hard to replace it once it is in common use).

Last edited:
•••
Web5Scope.com🫢
All the nice keywords are taken already

•••
Web5Press(.)com
Web5Avatars(.)net

•••
Name TLDCount
web5 84
web6 55
web7 66
web8 58
web9 47
web10 52
web50 18
web100 32
web200 9
web300 11
web400 4
web500 14
web600 4
web1000 11
web1982 0

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Just for fun
🤗
iWeb5 . eu
eWeb5 . eu
iWeb5 . pro
iWeb5 . cc
iWeb5 . biz
iWeb5 . co
iWeb5 . us
iWeb5 . me
eWeb5 . pro
eWeb5 . cc
eWeb5 . info
eWeb5 . biz
eWeb5 . us
eWeb5 . co
eWeb5 . org​

•••
•••
This reminds me of 5G…
6G…
and so on lol

Wait never mind; they dont skip numbers 😜

Last edited:
•••
I was a bit late to the registration but grabbed a few below ones and others. Hope will sell few -

Web5 id . io
Web5 Id . co
Web5 Id . org
Web5 Identity . io
Web5 Identity . co
Web5 Identity . net
Web5 Ids . com
Web5-ID . com
Web5-Identity . com
Web5 Identities . com
Web5 Identifier . com
Web5 Did . io
Web5 Did . co
Web5 Did . net
Build Web5 . com
The Web5 id . com
Web5-Did . com
My Web5 id . com
Web5 Vault . com
Decentralized Web5 . com
Web-5 . io
Web-5 . co
Web-5 . id
Web-5 . network
Web5 Login . io
Web5 Dapp . xyz
Web5 . co.com
Web5 .com.in

Thanks,

•••
It's good to be the registry and registrar when these trends come a long.
They always win. :)

Brad

•••
It's good to be the registry and registrar when these trends come a long.
They always win. :)

Brad

yes we all know it.. in gold rush forget gold and sell shovels.. heheh..morons

•••
hehe,
jealous?

now that some newcomers had the chance to buy good web5 domains,
but some old domainers were too late and missed out, I hear them crying ALL OVER this thread!

Reason why web5 is a very good idea:

BTC is the only real decentralized crypto currency.
If you knew about crypto, you would know that Proof of Stake - which ethereum and most others rely on - tends to become centralized over time.

BTC uses Proof of Work, which will never become centralized at all.

Despite that, eth for ex. is a Start-Up (which most people forget), and only a gremium of very few people decides about its direction.

For BTC however, NO one decides about its direction.
It's simply there and carried/served by its mining/liquidity/staking providers,
in a natural way.

That's why taking BTC for a extra decentralized platform, is the best choice out there.

Dorsey knew what he was doing, and he made the right decision.

Despite all that, the TBD project (web5) is an open source project.
You can see all its code, there are no VC interests behind it (as with all other crypto/token projects).

Last edited:
•••
Lolllll. Didn't you lot learn from web3???? Web3 was about 5 days ago and now you lot are hoovering up web5 names.

Also XYZ sales have dried up as the crypto market has died...

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Will quote ur statement wen d rain start falling

•••
Mad about good domains. Not mad about people throwing their money down the grid.
clearly you seem to have no idea about web5 and the tech behind it.

web5 does not mean, that web3 vanishes.

web5 is solely there for getting a real decentralized experience,
when using websites / platforms on the net
(> your data is not being stored on a webserver, but solely on the keys which you own yourself).

something, web3 (altcoin tokens) cannot achieve to this maximum.

Web5 will be used for sign up / login purposes on dec. websites (dapps, or dwa's).

This is the best explanation I could found of what web5 is:

Last edited:
•••
Lots of good points being made on both sides. One point that always gets ignored in the mad dash with a new possible trend is only a handful will actually brand with word “web3” “web5” ”web7” and so on.

They will predominantly use other words to describe their service or product just like in every single other niche.

Look at meta and nft. Some good end user sales but not some huge downpour raining down sales on all of them or even many of them. In that regard, luck is involved in what top keywords were able to be acquired and who wants it.

•••
Mad about good domains. Not mad about people throwing their money down the grid.
Why do seasoned domainers always seem to “care“ about what less experienced people reg?

Do you REALLY care about the way strangers on the internet spend their money? I personally couldn't care less to be honest.

Also, without those “worthless“ regs the whole industry would not work the way it does, right? Why not just let them reg whatever they want and let them learn from their mistakes without trying to lecture them every time?

Isn't the hand reg rabbit hole the path of the majority of today's successful domainers anyway?

•••
Though I appreciate you taking time time to attempt to convince me, it's not that I think it will fail or won't be adopted, it's the fact that no normal person cares about it and never will. Domainers seem to obsess over new technologies and think that the general populous will care about it one day...

Think that your average user cares what protocol or paradigm is being used?

Stuff known only by geeks is not an investment.

Last edited:
•••
Do you REALLY care about the way strangers on the internet spend their money? I personally couldn't care less to be honest.
Cause you're not a nice person?

Nobody wants to see people throwing their money down the drain even if it is the path the enlightenment. We'd all be better off without people wasting their time, energy and money on worthless things. Let alone encourage it or just stand by and say we don't care.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back