Domain Empire

Web 5.0 Discussion Thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pusang Gala

NoyPi DomainerTop Member
Impact
So, just saw this on twitter. Feel free to drop your opinions.

Screenshot_20220611_033148.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it's the fact that no normal person cares about it and never will
How can you be so sure of this? For instance, my mother already “understands“ crypto and the blockchain at her level and she's the least tech-minded person I know.

I honestly don't see what could prevent people like my mom to understand concepts like webs 2, 3, 5, etc

Think that your average user cares what protocol or paradigm is being used?
Have you seen the number of “average people“ that entered the crypto space during the last bull markets? In which case, don't you think that the company crypto.com made a good decision by acquiring that domain and branding their company as such?

Last edited:
•••
hehe,
jealous?

now that some newcomers had the chance to buy good web5 domains,
but some old domainers were too late and missed out, I hear them crying ALL OVER this thread!

Reason why web5 is a very good idea:

BTC is the only real decentralized crypto currency.
If you knew about crypto, you would know that Proof of Stake - which ethereum and most others rely on - tends to become centralized over time.

BTC uses Proof of Work, which will never become centralized at all.

Despite that, eth for ex. is a Start-Up (which most people forget), and only a gremium of very few people decides about its direction.

For BTC however, NO one decides about its direction.
It's simply there and carried/served by its mining/liquidity/staking providers,
in a natural way.

That's why taking BTC for a extra decentralized platform, is the best choice out there.

Dorsey knew what he was doing, and he made the right decision.

Despite all that, the TBD project (web5) is an open source project.
You can see all its code, there are no VC interests behind it (as with all other crypto/token projects).
BTC is NOT decentralized crypto currency. Blockchain is decentralized!

•••
I honestly don't see what could prevent people like my mom to understand concepts like webs 2, 3, 5, etc
Cause it's dull as ditch water... Same reason they don't care about HTTPS, SSL, OAuth, MVC, JavaScript, React, web 2.0

•••
I've sold well over 5 figures in Web3 domains. If Web5 takes off some of the best ones were in this thread. Congrats!

•••
I've sold well over 5 figures in Web3 domains. If Web5 takes off some of the best ones were in this thread. Congrats!
Reckon the people that bought them are ready to buy web5 ones now?

•••
Cause you're not a nice person?
I think that it's never up to us to determine whether or not we are good people. It's up to the people that surround us to determine it every time. The fact that you “feel“ good about the things you do doesn't automatically make you a nice person.

Having said that, I personally try to be as good as I can towards the people I know and care about and it's still not that easy.

•••
I think that it's never up to us to determine whether or not we are good people. It's up to the people that surround us to determine it every time. The fact that you “feel“ good about the things you do doesn't automatically make you a nice person.

Having said that, I personally try to be as good as I can towards the people I know and care about and it's still not that easy.
I was just posing it as a question. It just seemed that not caring whether people waste their hard earned money was not nice.

•••
•••
I was just posing it as a question. It just seemed that not caring whether people waste their hard earned money was not nice.
I don't do assumptions. Why would you assume that everyone is wasting their hard-earned money in the first place?

•••
I don't do assumptions. Why would you assume that everyone is wasting their hard-earned money in the first place?
As I said. Most people won't care about it, let alone know about it.

If the new version of Instagram was a web3 app, it would be known as Instagram, not web3 Instagram.

If you can earn a few $$$ buying and selling these for a brief period then you should. If you don't know what you're doing and just will it to succeed because it's a bandwagon you are finally early to then it's no use.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
...and the second bit about willing it to succeed just cause you're finally early to a bandwagon?
I honestly don't care. I am probably a horrible human being I know :/

•••
Ok back to the thread. These are my latest gambles (all dot com)

Web5 // Air
Web5 // Circle
WebFive // X
WebFive // Market
Five // Marketplace
WebFive // Data
Social // Web5
Fifth // Payment
Fifth // Storage
Fifth // Investment
Fifth // ID

Last edited:
•••
we-b5.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
Web3... Only 30 sales on namebio. Not many recent ones either. So we're basically just pretending it's a trend at this point.

Screenshot_2022-06-14-19-13-28-093_com.android.chrome.jpg

•••
web3 has become an acronym for:
nft, crypto, tokenization, VR etc.
(or simply another word for metaverse).

web5 might become an acronym for:
safety; decentralized, anonymous identity, "own your data" etc.

Guys, there is enough place for both buzz words to exist next to each other.

(and as I said, web5 fulfills a quite important niche).

---
That are facts.

Doesn't matter how much some people are against it, some for it.

This way or the other, it will take time until these buzz words become Reality in Projects :xf.cool:

I have no problems to spend $30 for some domains, that contain web5 + an important keyword :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
web3 has become an acronym for:
nft, crypto, tokenization, VR etc.
(or simply another word for metaverse).

web5 might become an acronym for:
safety; decentralized, anonymous identity, "own your data" etc.

Guys, there is enough place for both buzz words to exist next to each other.

(and as I said, web5 fulfills a quite important niche).

---
That are facts.

Doesn't matter how much some people are against it, some for it.

This way or the other, it will take time until these buzz words become Reality in Projects :xf.cool:
Lol. If you have to explain it then it ain't happening.

•••
Lol. If you have to explain it then it ain't happening.
Don't understand your logic.

There is nothing you have to explain:

It's a buzz word for an important niche.

Making your data decentralized and not part of the ownership of a tech platform.

Something, you (most likely) won't be able to achieve with web3 as it is today.

All thanks to Proof of Stake (it must be: fast in transfer, green in production, cheap etc).

Sry, that way you sacrifice real decentralization.

Pros know that btc was made with the intention, to have deal with small blocks, that must be progressed via the blockchain; and which takes time + energy.

Even new cryptos like Monero couldn't achieve that;
hence btc will most likely stay the all time classic ; )

Last edited:
•••
web5proof.com

Last edited:
•••
So you think every sold domains is being reported on namebio. If ur stats is base on namebio data alone.. Then i understand your point. I have sold lots of names and for once i didnt submit on namebio likewise some domainers too. You are entitled to your opinion mate

•••
Don't understand your logic.

There is nothing you have to explain:

It's a buzz word for an important niche.

Making your data decentralized and not part of the ownership of a tech platform.

Something, you (most likely) won't be able to achieve with web3 as it is today.

All thanks to Proof of Stake (it must be: fast in transfer, green in production, cheap etc).

Sry, that way you sacrifice real decentralization.

Pros know that btc was made with the intention, to have deal with small blocks, that must be progressed via blockchain technology.

Even new cryptos like Monero couldn't achieve that;
hence btc will most likely stay the all time classic ; )
I'm sorry it's just all waffle. The guy that invented the internet already invented a protocol for BYOD, it's called solid pods. Nothing to do with blockchains.

•••
I'm sorry it's just all waffle. The guy that invented the internet already invented a protocol for BYOD, it's called solid pods. Nothing to do with blockchains.
na man,
you know you are not right about this.

whatever...

Last edited:
•••
na man,
you know you are not right about this.
I am? he's been working on it for years. Nobody even seems to want privacy when it's dangled Infront of them, let alone having to manage their own data or putting it on a blockchain.

https://solidproject.org

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back