Domain Empire

discuss Work From Home is the new trend; except its not

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Given the COVID times and people turning to work from home, and also seeing that Abdul Basit sold WFH.co for $10k or so, one would suspect that the term would be extremely hot. Except it's not!

There are hardly 2 sales reported on Namebio after 2016. Which shows that what we suspect may not be true.
wfh.png

Do you think:

1) I am looking at the wrong place (maybe I should look for wfh instead of Work From Home term)
2) The sales are not reported and this should actually be trending
3) Have other views. Please share.

Ideally, according to me, this should be a hot term and should have a number of trending sales. It's not! Thoughts on why there are not many reported sales are most welcome.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My best guess would be that "work from home" may be associated with affiliate marketing scams in the past, like so called successful domainers pushing ebooks or other programs you have to buy into. "remote" and "tele" seem to be trending, and cyber too lol

•••
My best guess would be that "work from home" may be associated with affiliate marketing scams in the past, like so called successful domainers pushing ebooks or other programs you have to buy into. "remote" and "tele" seem to be trending, and cyber too lol
Makes sense.
Let me check those keywords

•••
Let us know your findings

•••
I agree that "work from home" sounds a bit low end.
I'm more interested in the digital nomad trend at the moment. That may accelerate as people lose their homes because of the economic crisis,

•••
I agree that "work from home" sounds a bit low end.
I'm more interested in the digital nomad trend at the moment. That may accelerate as people lose their homes because of the economic crisis,
Looks like our friend here is right. Tele has humongous sales in from march 2020.

•••
WFH.CO is developed now.
Also I believe most of the sales go unreported.

•••
WFH.CO is developed now.
Also I believe most of the sales go unreported.
So would you say, reported sales wouldn't show a trend?
What would be the right reference, in that case?

•••
So would you say, reported sales wouldn't show a trend?
What would be the right reference, in that case?

They do show and make some impact on the overall market but not as much as it should be because of the too many unreported sales.

Right reference is the domain owner's valuation and position itself. It's up to the domain owner to decide what price to set and sell it for, no matter how many are in favor or against the pricing. Just take the recent sale as an example of Voice.com where the domain owner wanted 30M and didn't even bother responding (I think to the call) until the buyer offered 22M. Now I'm sure many of us including myself would have sold for far less than what it actually sold for. So the domain owner already have around 500M in pockets with no need of money unless there is a significant offer. Here the owner valuated perfectly and was in perfect position (lot of cash) to ask what he asked.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back