alert Wow, pretty amazing .xyz scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arjun Oli

AntiFiat.comTop Member
Impact
Screenshot.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SAV has many 4 figures sales and with your tenure, you know your statement is purposely biased... SAV is a domainer platform, not end user central. Nobody said 3 letter .xyz are necessary a good investment either. Check the sales and you can have a feel of what is selling for what ranges.

•••
somewhat like .io, are 3 letter .io's flying off the shelf? no.

One word .io is valuable though.

•••
I wouldn’t say it’s a scam, but only 1 person seems to be making a great deal of money from it.

Car dot xyz as sold twice this year for $5k and under, a great keyword like that you have to ask why it sold that low (twice) in an extension ‘seemingly’ in demand. It wasn’t a hidden gem that no one knew about; many people knew it was on the market, I even got offered it.

If it was Car dot com, we’d be talking a 7 figure domain name and same can be said for many recent .xyz keyword sales in the OP's screenshot, many of those in .com's we are talking 6 and 7 figure assets.

Last edited:
•••
Car.xyz sold from one domainer to another. It comes with a 1k usd renewal which not all domainers would accept in their investment strategies.

•••
•••
When @DNGear posted her latest sales, I was thinking they will surely spark a (hating/envious/angry) reaction by someone. I didn't have to wait too long.
All these OP's just troll about .xyz and they wouldn't bother to respond. I guess this was an act of an old member having multiple accounts in NP.

Last edited:
•••
Car.xyz sold from one domainer to another. It comes with a 1k usd renewal which not all domainers would accept in their investment strategies.
That’s exactly my point, extensions that charge a premium yearly fee (that is not fixed and can go up) is not really investable.

Investors don’t want them and most end-users don’t want them. So what we are seeing right now, mainly from Swetha is average or below average (hence the none premium fee) dictionary word sales in .xyz going for like $10k on average.

Fair play to her, but let’s have it right the only reason why start-ups are paying this amount, is because the .com is much more expensive and other extensions like .co/.io may already be in use or priced higher than the .xyz, not because they prefer .xyz over .com or prefer .xyz over extensions like .io/.co.

Last edited:
•••
I disagree, many web3 prefer .xyz way more than .io and especially over .co.

For your other points, yes it's a riskier asset vs a standard renewal regarding the premium renewals.

Last edited:
•••
I disagree, many web3 prefer .xyz way more than .io and especially over .co.

For your other points, yes it's a riskier asset vs a standard renewal regarding the premium renewals.
A lot of them seem to be using .finance too

•••
I've personally never come across any tbh.

•••
•••
life is a scam!! , they teach you so many things in school, and none of them seems to be valid when you grow

Last edited:
•••
Like 22 divided by 7 harsh
I can still remember the answer to the 7th decimal. Can you?

•••
•••
3.1415927 you get a c-
So important to remember that at time.

•••
•••
Here are the names featured in the screenshot from the OP and their renewal costs as quoted by a popular registrar with the profit assuming only 1 year of registration fees and the sale price on namebio:

Created Date - domain - yearly renewal - profit/loss
================================================
2019-07-01 - homepage.xyz - $10.99 - $59,989.01 PROFIT
2021-12-10 - scores.xyz - $650 - $380 PROFIT
2021-12-11 - tour.xyz - $3,125 - $314 PROFIT
2021-09-13 - bags.xyz - $260 - $1,540 PROFIT
2022-01-28 - vikings.xyz - $10.99 - $990.01 PROFIT
2021-11-19 - investments.xyz - $1250 - $2,300 PROFIT
2021-06-13 - browsers.xyz - $10.99 $7,489.01 PROFIT
2015-07-08 - traveling.xyz - $10.99 $1,689.01 PROFIT
2021-10-21 - yoga.xyz - $650 - $1,759 PROFIT
2021-12-10 - cameras.xyz - $650 - $26 PROFIT
2022-03-13 - note.xyz - $260 - $2,041 PROFIT
2019-11-11 - car.xyz - $1250 - $3,750 PROFIT
2021-10-22 - torrent.xyz - $650 - $471 PROFIT
2021-12-09 - beds.xyz - $650 - $127 PROFIT
2022-03-27 - tin.xyz - 260 - $189 PROFIT

2021-11-13 - vehicle.xyz - $1,250 - $946 LOSS
2021-11-18 - pharmacy.xyz - $1,250 - $585 LOSS
2021-10-29 - electricity.xyz - $650 - $85 LOSS
2021-11-23 - hospital.xyz - $1,250 - $259 LOSS
2021-12-08 - bowling.xyz - $650 - $380 LOSS
2021-11-27 - yachts.xyz - $650 - $279 LOSS

It's surprising to me how many people are looking to offload their investments in these domains if they are confident that they will shoot up in price. What is possessing them to get rid of them so quickly after registration?

Last edited:
•••
The gap between reseller prices and end user prices in .XYZ is quite striking.

If you look at the sales chart above it is quite amazing the quality of keyword that are selling for mid $XXX to low $X,XXX reseller prices. Several of those terms are likely (7) figures in .COM.

Though in fairness, that is how it works in most secondary extensions. I have sold some .US domains in the tens of thousands range that I purchased for (3) figures. You need the massive margin to cover for the low sell-through rate.

Brad
This kind of topic has been brought up again and again as you can see most of them are carrying registry premium renewal fees, and I don't think you didn't aware that since you've been around here so long. The sales from Swetha are all standard renewals.
1650722355494.png
o

•••
May be we should create same title posts with fake ID's.

.Com is Scam
.IO is Scam
.Co is Scam

•••
That’s exactly my point, extensions that charge a premium yearly fee (that is not fixed and can go up) is not really investable.

Investors don’t want them and most end-users don’t want them. So what we are seeing right now, mainly from Swetha is average or below average (hence the none premium fee) dictionary word sales in .xyz going for like $10k on average.

Fair play to her, but let’s have it right the only reason why start-ups are paying this amount, is because the .com is much more expensive and other extensions like .co/.io may already be in use or priced higher than the .xyz, not because they prefer .xyz over .com or prefer .xyz over extensions like .io/.co.
I don't think it's a wrong strategy to set up premium renewals for some famous words. xyz is a domain extension that was only issued in 2014, which is relatively young compared to other extensions. The domain name business is not a new industry, everyone knows car, tour are a good word, The value of the extension would be affected if it was released under standard renewal. How many failed cases are there like .biz, and the CEO knew it. This strategy is more accurate than before and more suitable as a new marketing strategy。

Last edited:
•••
This kind of topic has been brought up again and again as you can see most of them are carrying registry premium renewal fees, and I don't think you didn't aware that since you've been around here so long. The sales from Swetha are all standard renewals.
Show attachment 214502o
What does that have to do with what he said? Confused!!

•••
•••

.Com is Scam
.IO is Scam
.Co is Scam
Hi

i feel ya

reported this thread twice, and it's still going.

if such an anti-extension campaign was started, it could totally disrupt the legitimacy of np ranking.

imo...

•••

.Com is Scam
.IO is Scam
.Co is Scam
Exactly, Swetha.

The thread is under "warnings and alerts".. except there's nothing here. Lets at least take something away from this:

*ALERT* Warning, the OP is a bullshitter.

I really dislike bullshitters.

•••
I don't think it's a wrong strategy to set up premium renewals for some famous words. xyz is a domain extension that was only issued in 2014, which is relatively young compared to other extensions. The domain name business is not a new industry, everyone knows car, tour are a good word, The value of the extension would be affected if it was released under standard renewal. How many failed cases are there like .biz, and the CEO knew it. This strategy is more accurate than before and more suitable as a new marketing strategy。
Sure it's not a bad strategy for the people that control .xyz if people are stupid enough to pay a premium to acquire on of these domains and then pay a premium every year on top of that too to keep it, but it's not a wise investment to brand around Car dot xyz, an extension not even top 5 and unpredictable renewal fees.

People know this, hence Car dot xyz low price and will no doubt keep selling for around that price ($10k and under).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back