BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have one more suggestion about submit form in bodis system...

If Interested buyers submitted their offer via inquiry form, then their email address should be verified before sending an email to seller. (DomainNameSales is following this procedure).

Reason:
Anyone can submit offers using their fake email address like "[email protected]" . It's really waste of time for sellers to research about fake / invalid offers.

Work Flow:
Once the form filled & submitted, popup / redirect page should open to remind about email verification.
Once buyer verified his email address then Inquiry offer email send to seller.

I believe this makes sense. Please consider my request in future.

I love bodis and want to make that everything is perfect in our platform :)

•••
hello.. TroyBodis.
i'm litu from Bangladesh. i'm new in domain parking area.
i'v parked a domain on Bodis. Bt at the payment day on 7th may its showing that.. "my account is currently locked".can you help me about this?? how can i recover this account and is there any possibility to get the payment? & what is the reason besides this to make my id lock??
my account id is : ll

@lleetu , I can't stress enough how much faster you'll get help by opening a ticket with them or sending them an email at [email protected]

talking about your personal issue in public is not advisable

•••
Just a quick update. Connection to our servers should now be back to normal. If anyone experiences any further errors connecting to our parking servers, please let us know.

Thank you.

Thanks for the heads up! This is a prime example of why Bodis is one of the best companies for parking.

•••
Today, on August 10th, visitors and earnings data may seem lower than expected for most of our users. We have suffered a network bottleneck that started from a minor DDOS attack. We have fully resolved this issue. We will credit our users as soon as August 10th revenue data posts in the coming days. The credit will be visible in the reporting interface.

I want to apologize to all of our users that were affected. Having my own domains parked on Bodis, I know how frustrating this issue can be.

We have tried hard to minimize issues that stem from DDOS attacks with the last issue occurring December 2014. We receive DDOS attacks multiple times per week, and these attacks being successfully mitigated within seconds of them occurring. Bodis uses the largest, most advanced, and most successful DDOS mitigation provider in the world. The same provider that the largest banks and corporation in the world utilize on a daily basis. Not everyone is perfect, and unfortunately today the issue has occurred on their end in their network configuration. We’re happy that the issue is now resolved.

Please look forward to the credits and more info in the account interface.

•••
It's looking as though earnings for August 21 haven't updated as expected. I've already notified our developer regarding this matter, so we do expect to see this issue resolved shortly.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

•••
Wolfis,

We do care about our users and are definitely willing to help and look into issues such as these.

Having said that, is it really not necessary for you to accuse us of a scam, call us thieves, make up accusations, threaten legal action, post on Namepros + other sites, email us, in addition to sending us a support ticket. A single support ticket is tracked in our system, and Troy or someone on our team would look into the issue and respond within 24 hrs.

The deduction you are referring to was an $xx deduction for a single domain name. For whatever reason, our ad provider didn't like the traffic on this domain name. No, it is not a scam. These things do happen from time to time and from experience, are rarely (if ever) reversible. However, we will bring this up with them so that they can investigate further.

Deductions are posted a day before, or on the day of payouts, simply because we receive them from our ad provider on that day and not any sooner.

Again, we care about you as well as the rest of our users equally. And will work hard to make sure you, as well as the rest of our users, are happy to park with Bodis. I will have Troy reach out to you within the coming days with any details that we find.

They are far from a scam. I supply quality traffic too and had charge-backs in the $xx,xxx ; I do not blame Bodis and I have been parking a long time as well. Stuff happens and I know for a fact that Matt takes this very seriously. Every time a customer loses money they lose money as well and no one likes to lose money.

Thanks Matt and the crew for looking into it and doing the right things.

•••
Perhaps, we need to understand that Bodis do not control the Payment nor Traffic. All they are doing is acting as a conduit between your traffic and the upstream provider a.k.a Big Daddy!

It is also true that they are governed by a TOS which prevents them from explaining everything under the hood.

While it is true that domain parking per se is not a transparent business, it is also true that Bodis is one of the few parking companies who are legitimate and also available on Namepros. Except for Matt and Donny which of the CEOs of Parking come on board and patiently explain?

Exactly! They could be like Sedo, Rook, etc.. and never show up on a thread, take your money and never speak of it. Bodis does what it's allowed to do which is all stipulated by their "Legal Agreement" with their Primary provider.

If people want to complain I should be the one. I lost $12,000+. Do I beat them up for this? Not at all. I understand it's out of their control. I understand that Google is a hemorrhoid which causes a pain in my ass, their ass and others; and the temperament of a Honey Badger.

Bodis has always been up front with me, never hid anything and always been there when I had questions.

Shit happens! This is business.

•••
just moved all of my names to bodis for parking, will see if there much of a difference in conversions from what I was getting at voodoo

nice
I assume u have portofolio thta actually makes sense to park.
most do not.
thus I do not park any more. just redirect sales lander
that being said, remembver bodis lets you redirect automaically to sales lander.. they have nice new one too.

as far as I am concerned, its worth beibg with bodis just for the ease of redirect to sales lander. and it's a nice looking one too at that!

good luck

•••

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2016-03-05 15:30:23.png
    Screenshot from 2016-03-05 15:30:23.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 40
•••
Im using bodis and very happy with it. Super easy and fast to use with great GUI.

•••
We do apologize for this late update. As most of you are already aware by now, our system has now been down for approximately 3-4 hours.

We're still in the process of identifying the exact cause of this downtime, but we believe it's related to our DDoS mitigation system.

Rest assured, anyone whose earnings have been affected by this downtime will receive revenue compensation shortly.

We appreciate your patience.

Thank you.

Bodis-website is down?
Doesn't work for me...

yes bodis is down now.
parked domain pages not loading either.

wonder for how long it was down
I do not see bodis down a lot so its okay.. but of coure, it's not somehting people want to see.
there is parkign revenue and potential sale lander visitors and buyers at play here.

so serious stuff really... cheers.

Down since I tried to check at 6AM Eastern time.

Bodis is sleeping in today? :) This is unacceptable! :P I think I'm just addicted to looking at traffic stats.

I didn't know that most other parking companies don't allow autoredirect to the sales lander. Thanks for mentioning that. If not, I might have tried out parkingcrew and others..I like Bodis's interface and I doubt I could get much money from ppc for the kind of domains I own, so most of them go straight to the inquiry form.

Is there a way to change the color of the inquiry form or is that just for the advertisement page?

bodis down :( hope not for long.. Loss of revs ...

•••
I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find it so here it goes:

How can I delete domains from my Reports view? There's several in there I no longer own and I'd like to delete them. I've already deleted it from my domain list but they still appear in the Report view.

Thank you!

like was just said to you, u cannot change past. you can only affect the future.

.....of your reports.

cheers.

•••
is it just me or is bodis rolling out some new features now?

I accidentally got to a for sale ad page.. and for sale banner was all new diff and cool... just the way I'd like it.. not that tiny thing we're used to

ytytyt.JPG

•••
Hello Alcy,

As mentioned in my follow up to your recent support ticket, we're currently testing various sale banners which we expect to be rolled out in the not too distant future.

Thank you.

is it just me or is bodis rolling out some new features now?

I accidentally got to a for sale ad page.. and for sale banner was all new diff and cool... just the way I'd like it.. not that tiny thing we're used to

Show attachment 52091

•••
Hello,

Yes, $0.00 ad clicks do tend to arise with lower converting traffic in combination with low paying keywords. But this could also be spam, bots, page crawlers. Our tracking system may incidentally report an ad click as valid, while our Tier1 ad provider dismisses it as false, resulting in no click revenue.

Inversely, our Tier1 ad provider may approve an ad click which our tracker failed to report. This is why you'll sometime see Tier1 revenue where visitors and/or ad clicks are absent.

Thank you.

I never had such warnings from Bodis...
But $0.00 clicks after Google's finalization - happen regularly for me... In most cases - they are originated from India...

Yes, I also get those $0 clicks. Frustrating to say the least!

Wish I knew more about this parking stuff. It seems like such a black box: We know what goes in (traffic), we know what comes out ($), but what happens inside is often a mystery! :)

•••
rememebr to uncheck maximizer box at above.com
else it randomly displays zero click ads instead of taking you to bodis.. and it does so more often than not. gl

Thanks! My maximizer box is checked on Above.com. I'm starting to think my issue was/is with Above.com/user error, and not Bodis. Sorry Bodis!

•••
Hello Everyone!

MAJOR update today to Bodis!

Excited to announce the new update we have rolled out today March 13!

We’ve made further updates to the Manage UI, as well as introduced account-level settings, and a few other general changes.

Here's an overview of everything we've added/updated today:
  • Simplified Terms of Service! Please see https://www2.bodis.com/terms . On the right hand side, there is a little (non legally binding) summary of each section. This is an effort by us to offer more transparency to you. There's always been requests from our users to offer more transparency (as well as to other companies as well). And this is a way for us to provide a bit more transparency. We hope this move delivered a bit more transparency. Most companies hide all kinds of stuff in their terms of service in tiny text. We don't want to be that company. This is not just in domain parking industry, but a global web problem.
  • Account Level (Global Account Level) Settings! Lots of them:
  • You can finally now disable 'low quality ads' and still be opted into tier2. Tons of our users have been fed up with low quality / scareware / "garbage" type ads. And we've been just as fed up. Unfortunately, we don't have much control when working with various ad network partners into what ads they present. Thus, we have now segregated ad partners that are historically known for delivering low quality ads from the ad partners that are historically known for delivering high quality ads. You may now opt out of these low quality ad partners and still be on tier2/zeroclick/redirect ads for your domains. Good news here. 99.9%+ of your domains will no longer redirect to low quality ads. It's not 100% guaranteed, but almost 100%.
  • Zeroclick/tier2/redirect ads delay setting! You can now set a delay for the tier2 redirect if your domain has a for sale banner/link. This will present the for sale message for a longer duration to the visitor before the domain redirects to the tier2 ad. This ofcourse comes at a cost of revenue as every second delay causes a decrease in successful redirects. However, now for domains listed for sale, you have this global option that will allow you to specify the delay of 3, 5, or 10 seconds.
  • CAPTCHA disable option! Requested by one or more users. You can now disable CAPTCHA on inquiry/Escrow forms.
  • Multiple currencies option - you can now choose from USD, GBP, or AUD currency for inquiry/Escrow.
  • No Ads FallBack URL - if we have no ads to serve (Google nor tier2/zeroclick), you can provide a fall back URL which we will redirect to.
  • For Manage UI we've made a few changes as well:
  • Selected columns are now saved for your account. Thus we will now remember which column selections you've made, and save them.
  • You can now Mass Update the Imprint/Tier2 Toggle. Either on a per folder level or when selecting multiple domains.
  • Top TLDs are now listed in search filters when selecting the TLD filter.
  • Each folder now shows the # of domains assigned to it next to the folder name.
  • Multiple folders can now be selected in the search filters via checkbox.
  • Plus many many other mnor changes!
Some of these features, if you ask me, are major features/changes. I hope you all enjoy these changes. We're always taking feedback on any other changes and features you may want to see!

•••
Hello Everyone!

Bit of an update today:
  • The 5 survey winners have been chosen and emailed few moments ago.

• The survey suggestions have been very good overall! We had a very hard time choosing the winners. At the end, we've decided to provide everyone with solid suggestions that we plan to implement with a $20 participation gift card. Should receive that momentarily if you have filled out the survey with a suggestion that we can implement. Thank you to everyone!

This feature allows you to receive daily or weekly reports of your earnings for last 30 days. It will also include the predicted month's revenue based on current month's earnings.
We got more coming!

•••
Hello Everyone!

We've released some new features today!

Here's the list of the new features:
  • Enable/Disable Phone Number Field on Inquiry Form
  • Email Verification for Sale Inquiries
  • Minimum Offer Price on Inquiry
  • Custom Inquiry Text
  • Custom Imprint
  • Notes
  • Faillist Status
See full details here: http://blog.bodis.com/new-features-june-2019/

More are on the way!

Last edited:
•••
Have to add, that on about 37%+ of my parked domains Bodis outperform even PC or Uniregistry. And I also like to be paid in BTC. Maybe Bodis should also add ETH payment in the future.

•••
Would be great if the number of domains per page in "Manage" and "Reports" could be remembered without having to change the selection every single time.

•••
Hello All!

Want to wish each and every one of you a Happy and Prosperous New Year 2020! It seems like this will be a great year for domaining!

Here is our take on 2020 and some of the things to come for Bodis in 2020: https://www2.bodis.com/blog/happy-holidays-and-new-year-from-bodis-whats-in-store-for-2020

One wish I have for 2020 - Namepros takes our thread out of this graveyard subsection so people can see what is going on.

Happy NY everyone!

•••
We're working on resolving them and I'm sure by Monday 99% of all issues will be resolved
Great. Thank you Matt. For the next update -
Don't EVER change anything on a Friday!
;)
one of golden rules for any sysadmin...

•••
•••
@alcy

We already do this for wire transfers. If two accounts have exact same payout setting, the payment is combined into a single wire.

We don't do this yet for PP, ACH, or any other method. As Troy has mentioned, it might bring about extra confusion. But we'll look into it later this year when we make some updates to how we handle payments on our end.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back