Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Got a nice email a few days ago, first bb sale.

I'm hoping they aren't like nr where I've negotiated a deal to have the other party disappear

•••
They don't send the email until they have received the funds from the other party. Congratulations! :)

•••

I'm hoping they aren't like nr where I've negotiated a deal to have the other party disappear
hi if u dont mind saying how many names have i got published and how long untill u got your first brandbucket sale :)

•••
hi if u dont mind saying how many names have i got published and how long untill u got your first brandbucket sale :)
27 listed 12 more accepted have another 15 to submit.
First listed a name 12 months ago only started listing names properly 3/4 months ago.

Sold 1 on nr around 6 months ago with 7 listed names.

•••
First listed a name 12 months ago only started listing names properly 3/4 months ago.

Very nice and congrats on your sale :) thank you for the details :)

•••

Great to get a sale with a relatively low amount of names published.
Care to tell me if you regged most or bought/backordered them?

•••
I got a sale email few days back, expecting payment now. Hopefully it will arrive soon. Name is keyword + suffix. Registered at Dotster 2 in June 2016.

It would be my second sale at BB after I joined them in November 2015.
Had my first sale in April, decent one with invented 5 letter word. Had 24 names listed in time of sale.

Now have 32 names listed and many waiting for fees to be paid, as I'm not decided yet for my future with them. This sale may motivate me in one direction, but still not sure if I could keep a pace with their expansion later.

•••
Great to get a sale with a relatively low amount of names published.
Care to tell me if you regged most or bought/backordered them?

Most hand reg.

Some purchased as expiring (Namerific sales was exiting)

•••
Your account requires attention. Before submitting more names, please move forward with publishing the names that have been approved and are in your account under "To Do".

I'm getting the above message when tried to add more domains for review, so will i have to now compulsory list accepted domains to add more domains for review?

Yes, sometimes it comes up quickly sometimes takes a while, can be frustrating when you can't list a heap of names for whatever reason.

I think it depends on how many names you have or how long you have been with BB.

It was originally put in place as there were people abusing the system trying to get free valuations and it was a solution to stop this. Understandable, but I understand the difficulty newbies must face with their lower limit. Just keep publishing and submitting and this will be lifted :)

JimJammy was right about the reason. When it comes up is not random. At least 80% of the names in your profile must be published or at least pushed for publishing.

If you have big portfolios (like jimjammy I assume), the restriction is not lifted, but it is just that you will probably never reach your limit.

I had the problem too in the beginning, where even a few accepted names were enough to get the message. Now I am at over 40 names published, meaning I can have 8 pending names. Thats ok to me. If I have more in my queue, i will probably sell a few here to fund publishing fees for others.

I get the reason behind it, but it can indeed be frustrating when you are just starting to build a portfolio. For example: I wanted to start publishing 11, but had over 40 I wanted to submit before deciding which ones to publish (depending on which would be accepted).

Last edited:
•••
If i move/push my accepted domain to another email account then can that another account move to some third account?
is there any restrictions on the number of times BB accepted domains can be moved?

•••
If i move/push my accepted domain to another email account then can that another account move to some third account?
is there any restrictions on the number of times BB accepted domains can be moved?

Nope, not that I know. I have bought and resold names in a day, didn't experience problems with that.

•••

Ethically its wrong.

You can request BB to delete the accepted domains which you don't want to publish.

Send mail to - [email protected]

•••
Ethically its wrong.

You can request BB to delete the accepted domains which you don't want to publish.

Send mail to - [email protected]

Why would it be wrong ethically? They also have no problem with reselling on NP, as long as it is resold to other BB members.

For me, buying in bulk and selling per piece is a good way to get names I like at good prices. I will publish the names I like, so I don't see any ethical dilemma there.

•••
Why would it be wrong ethically? They also have no problem with reselling on NP, as long as it is resold to other BB members.

For me, buying in bulk and selling per piece is a good way to get names I like at good prices. I will publish the names I like, so I don't see any ethical dilemma there.

Seems like you didn't understand his question.

He wants to move (likely without selling to another user) to another account. Then if the second account also reaches the limits he wants to repeat the process by move to another account.

Selling to to another BB user is 100% ethical there will be no unethical dilemma :) but without selling and bypassing their sytem technically by creating another account and move domains to that account is unethical.

Hope I'm clear and you can understand my point!

Last edited:
•••

He wants to move (likely without selling to another user) to another account. Then if the second account also reaches the limits he wants to repeat the process by move to another account.

Selling to to another BB user is 100% ethical there will be no unethical dilemma :) but without selling and bypassing their sytem technically by creating another account and move domains to that account is unethical.

Ah ok well I didn't interpret it that way. So if you are right about the underlying thought of moving, I agree with you. Thanks for explaining.

•••
BrandBucket snaps up Keith deBoer as Brand Ambassador

http://dngeek.com/2016/09/keith-deboer-brandbuckets-newest-ambassador/

Waaahhhaaayyy!! Congratulations Keith, you have so much to offer the brandable space (and have inspired so many people aready :)) I'm sure you will thrive in your new position.

And it's great to see Brandbucket going from strength to strength. :)

Last edited:
•••

Nopes i didnt intend to do that, you read me wrong. :laugh:

•••
I had one buyer he said after purchasing he will list the domain but if it doesnt get sold in like say 10months or so, he will intend to resell it so he asked me question that whether he will be able to do that (to transfer it to third person, i am myself new to brandbuckets hence i posted here the question. @tvanrijt had got it right.

what you thought @DKN is circling accepted domains to different e-mail accounts without listing or selling it will not just be unethical but also most importantly pointless process, why would anyone do that?

Last edited:
•••

Waaahhhaaayyy!! Congratulations Keith, you have so much to offer the brandable space (and have inspired so many people aready :)) I'm sure you will thrive in your new position.

Congrats @Keith DeBoer !

He always seems reasonable and has been open and helpful to many people on this forum.

I think he is a valuable asset to BB and will represent it well.

Last edited:
•••
I had one buyer he said after purchasing he will list the domain but if it doesnt get sold in like say 10months or so, he will intend to resell it so he asked me question that whether he will be able to do that (to transfer it to third person, i am myself new to brandbuckets hence i posted here the question. @tvanrijt had got it right.

what you thought @DKN is circling accepted domains to different e-mail accounts without listing or selling it will not just be unethical but also most importantly pointless process, why would anyone do that?

Well bro, I didnt read it wrongly. You didn't mention/express correctly :)

i am myself new to brandbuckets hence i posted here the question

BTW, Welcome to BB and Namepros!

•••
Well bro, I didnt read it wrongly. You didn't mention/express correctly :)

Really? did i? :-,

BTW, Welcome to BB and Namepros!

Thanks bro.:)

•••

Thanks for sharing. Congrats @Keith DeBoer , he is sucha nice person who always gives his valuable time to anyone that seeks his help. Stay ahead !

•••
•••
•••

Congrats Simon

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back