Dynadot

Chitika - A CPC store for your parked domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Now their site is DOWN as well
Grr
CHITIKA just lost me

•••
I think there must be routing problems or something. They've always been 100% up for me, including all the domains. Dunno what it is, but I sent them a link to this thread.

•••
Chitika Domains Issue

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience with this. Our domains service has been very successful which is why we are diligently working with our engineers to find out whats going on with the product listings issue.

For some of you, this problem could be as simple as the way you are setting up your keywords and category. Make sure you are putting keywords ONLY if you want to display specific products or brands. Because if you type in keyword: "ipod" with category: "dvd players", the system will search for ipod products within the dvd player category.. it will NOT show ipods AND dvd players.
otherwise you will get the error message you are seeing.

For the rest of you who are seeing this issue even after properly setting up your domain, is what we are working on fixing right now.

Thanks again for your patience, domains should be fixed very soon!

-Karla Escolas -Chitika Inc.

•••
Chitika for Domains Country

Hi Karla,
Nice to know you're here.
just want to ask about the countries that right now covered by chitika for domains? and what would be the further plan, are there more countries to be included?

if for example i got clicks from countries that are not covered by chitika for domains, do i still get paid?

thanks,

richrich

•••
michiganholidaygifts.com works here in the great white north but what's with:

HTML:
<meta name="description" content="" />

netmeg you of all people! LOL :loveyou:

•••
If there's a place to enter the meta description tag, I haven't found it yet.

Besides, it took long enough to enter over a hundred domains as it is; there's no bulk capabilities.

•••
Today ive checked my domain audiomag.net and it seems like they improving their service pretty constantly. So now i can see well related ads of most categories. I also just setup my new domain maclaptops.biz, with redirection to my shoplink page and it looks well for me.

•••
Are you sure? Your second domain isn't coming up for me. Your first domain is just showing generic three ads, as are mine now. None of mine (and I have over a hundred there) have worked for several days now, and I've been posting left and right on their forums, and barraging their support with support requests, and nobody's heard one word from them. Others are also reporting their domains are down, and can't be edited. They *really* have dropped the ball on this one. I can't edit mine either - when I hit the edit button, I just get a page full of code.

•••
Hrmph. I finally got an email today from the Chitika VP: "The parked domains product is going through some changes right now due to advertiser side changes. Unfortunately I don't have an answer as to why your sites were not available"

I took my domains out for the time being. Too bad, I had about a hundred that were perfect for it, and they were just starting to bring in some daily clicks.

I wouldn't advise anyone put any domains there until Chitika figures out what's going on with the program.

It's beyond irresponsible not to make any public or private announcement though, nor to fail to respond to tech support requests - I had to email the VP directly to get heard.

•••
•••
Huge disappointment. Can't believe they wiped out the products and replaced them with three ads instead. I can get that from any parking program. Chikita for Domains was cool because the template had products. Now, I'm back to looking for another option for my commerce related domains.

Anyone have any experience with BANS?

•••
Yesterday evening, there were long offers lists on all categories. Its doesn't even looks like just ads and every offer contained detailed description of product. There were also one or two articles related to category. All offers were from amazon and ebay and suited very good for each category.
I was really impressed with that and posted about it immediately on my russian blog. But those changes lasted just for several hours, then it was returned to this three Google like ads again.
I think that they are still working on it. There was a post about it on chitika forum.
The bad thing is that i can't register on their forum, registration process breaks every time on second step, telling me that i input wrong capcha code.

•••
•••
Does Anyone Experience This?

my chitika for domain account showing steady 1 click of 0.11$ from 23 may-today. Just one single click everyday and the same RPC. Before that, I always received various numbers of click, sometimes 50, sometimes 24, 30, sometimes 12.... but never been just 1 for 12 days.

any of you guyz experience the same as me? I logged ticket to chitika support not just once,... twice, but till today i got no reply at all.

or is there any chitika team around here? please answer what's actually happening?

thanks,

richrich

•••
They claim the program is "going through changes" - which means that something probably happened that they weren't expecting. I pulled all my domains back out for the moment. It's pretty much worthless at the moment. Hope they get it back together.

•••
More than 1000 impressions and zero clicks yet...
:)

•••
Same here.

Just not possible. They need to fix their reporting because the impressions are not realistic. On 5/23 I had 800 impressions and the next day I had 2. Honestly I probably had two visitors to the two dozen domains. That number I believe. I don't have any good domains there yet.

Here are the cumulative stats going back to May 15

22067 Impressions

6 Clicks

CTR 0.03%

Avg CPC $0.16 (cost per click)

eCPM $0.04 (earnings per thousand impressions)

Revenue $0.98

That's like 1000 impressions a day.

Needless to say the $.98 per month does not excite me but I will stick with them for a while. I'm also with evolanding and domainembarking with similar results.

•••
When they put the products back, I'll put some domains back. Short of that, I do better at Parked and Fabulous.

And I was *solicited* to join that program by the VP of Sales.

Hrmph.

•••
I am not seeing a domains tab link at all, so I can add any domains.

•••
Login --> Get Code --> Chitika for domains.
Looks like they still working on it and adding new adtools. I'll stay with them.

•••
I'm just curious, if I was a Chitika advertiser in the past and my account was closed without warning or reason, would I be allowed to join the program for domain parking?

•••
Maybe stating the obvious ,but Try asking Chitika

•••
Is there something wrong?

•••
They reject my application at the past, but they just send me an email to ask me to reopen the application. I hope this time can get in.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back