Domain Empire

marketplace DAN will no longer allow the listing of .in domains.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bipul

Established Member
Impact
DAN will no longer allow the listing of .in domains.Effective 26 July 2023.

Email COPY:

We have an important update to share regarding our platform. Effective 26 July 2023, we will no longer allow the listing of .in domains. This decision is based on criteria required by the Registry for .in.

• Why are we discontinuing the ability to list .in domains for sale?

Our decision is based on a limitation by the Registry.

• How does this change affect existing listings of .in domains?

Existing listings for .in domains will be removed from our platform on the 26 of July. Any installment payments for previously purchased .in domains will continue as agreed.

• Can buyers still buy .in domains on Dan?

No, the ability to buy .in domains will also be discontinued.

We understand that changes like these can be disruptive, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. We greatly appreciate your understanding and continued support as we strive to make our platform the best it can be for all users.

Regards,
The Dan Team

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Would be nice if they expanded on the
“Limitation by the registry”

Last edited:
•••
I guess this is because Dan is owned by GoDaddy, which is an .in registrar and therefore not allowed to have an .in aftermarket?

I agree that this is great news for DaaZ. I moved my names over already.

•••
No surprises..! Afternic is not supporting .in domains till date..They want to make DAN also in the same line up..

anybody knows what limitation by registry as DAN says? Does it mean that .in registry not allowing sale of domains?

•••
Dont direct your hate at @DAN.COM
Direct your hate at Dan’s new owner, Godaddy.

#GoDaddy Curse (Even if i have 0 .in domains)

Last edited:
•••
No surprises..! Afternic is not supporting .in domains till date..They want to make DAN also in the same line up..

anybody knows what limitation by registry as DAN says? Does it mean that .in registry not allowing sale of domains?
I think allow but registry change rules & you can reg. only ONE .IN under your name

Last edited:
•••
•••
They allow wordwide ownership of .in but there is some issue that in future you might not be able to list anywhere in the future. The registry for .in doesn't really appreciate reselling them at least from what I've heard.

•••
Country with the largest number of people on Earth and you can't buy the domain names for it. Madness.

Last edited:
•••
Country with the largest number of people on Earth and you can't buy the domains names for it. Madness.
Try doing business in India.
I dont blame Elon Musk for being unable to sell there.

Last edited:
•••

yes a registry by itself should not engage in selling or auctioning of domains

•••
•••
But why? Dan should give a valid reason for discontinuing .in names.

•••
So what should be new home for .in ? sedo , squadhelp , DaaZ ?

•••
So what should be new home for .in ? sedo , squadhelp , DaaZ ?
Squadhelp is too selective with .com; gl with .in
Sedo is the best for .de, not sure about .in

@DaaZ has always specialized .in domains, but i love their .com service. DaaZ is no-brainer imo if you have .in. Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
Squadhelp is too selective with .com; gl with .in
Sedo is the best for .de, not sure about .in

@DaaZ has always specialized .in domains, but i love their .com service. DaaZ is no-brainer imo if you have .in. Good luck!

Squadhelp has an attractive landing page, even very similar to DAN. I agree that they are selective when it comes to .com domains, but they already have 1390 .in domains listed on Squadhelp. I had a transaction with Dazz, and they were smooth, but the seller interface and landing page need more improvements.

•••
•••
•••
It took them a while to delist .in domain names actually. As soon as they become a subsidiary of GoDaddy, they could no longer do sell .in domains in their platform. .in registry has rules that GoDaddy has to abide by, else they would lose accreditation to offer .in domain names for registration.

•••
It took them a while to delist .in domain names actually. As soon as they become a subsidiary of GoDaddy, they could no longer do sell .in domains in their platform. .in registry has rules that GoDaddy has to abide by, else they would lose accreditation to offer .in domain names for registration.
That could be a reason, but how do other registrars manage to sell .in domains? For example, Namecheap still has domains available on their marketplace.

•••
guess sucks for india folk.. rest dont care much... me I got like 5 of them and they all for small park rev..so I dont care... if u care then just park on bodis with bodis inquiry.. no biggy

•••
Would be nice if they expanded on the
“Limitation by the registry”
I guess this is because Dan is owned by GoDaddy, which is an .in registrar and therefore not allowed to have an .in aftermarket?

I agree that this is great news for DaaZ. I moved my names over already.

.in Terms and Conditions 6.1

The Registrars will desist, at all times, from involving themselves, or through their re-sellers, in any way in the squatting, grabbing, hoarding, infringement, auctioning, drop catch or selling of the .IN domain names at a exceptionally higher price than the published MRP, they are regularly charging from the public. Any such involvement of the Registrar will lead to the termination of Accreditation, financial penalty and legal action as per the provisions of the Laws applicable in India.

Regards

•••
.in Terms and Conditions 6.1

The Registrars will desist, at all times, from involving themselves, or through their re-sellers, in any way in the squatting, grabbing, hoarding, infringement, auctioning, drop catch or selling of the .IN domain names at a exceptionally higher price than the published MRP, they are regularly charging from the public. Any such involvement of the Registrar will lead to the termination of Accreditation, financial penalty and legal action as per the provisions of the Laws applicable in India.

Regards
Thanks for the information.

•••
More market share for @DaaZ

It is not that simple. Nixi can force any aftermarket from involving in selling .in etc, even go after domainpile registrants.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back