Dynadot

marketplace DAN will no longer allow the listing of .in domains.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bipul

Established Member
Impact
DAN will no longer allow the listing of .in domains.Effective 26 July 2023.

Email COPY:

We have an important update to share regarding our platform. Effective 26 July 2023, we will no longer allow the listing of .in domains. This decision is based on criteria required by the Registry for .in.

• Why are we discontinuing the ability to list .in domains for sale?

Our decision is based on a limitation by the Registry.

• How does this change affect existing listings of .in domains?

Existing listings for .in domains will be removed from our platform on the 26 of July. Any installment payments for previously purchased .in domains will continue as agreed.

• Can buyers still buy .in domains on Dan?

No, the ability to buy .in domains will also be discontinued.

We understand that changes like these can be disruptive, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. We greatly appreciate your understanding and continued support as we strive to make our platform the best it can be for all users.

Regards,
The Dan Team

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
rule by inregistry and nixi
Should nominate them to run the North Korean Registry.
I hate how the .inRegistry and nixi do business… Why…

Last edited:
•••
That could be a reason, but how do other registrars manage to sell .in domains? For example, Namecheap still has domains available on their marketplace.

Nope. No .in nor co.in @ NC marketplace

in8.png

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I hate how the .in Registry and nixi do business… Why…

Imagine, what a mess can produce 1 billion+ people ... a 1/2 billion dot IN will be on the aftermarket in a day or two. Especially during the nixi promos s.a. one in January this year - first 3 mo registration was free ($0).

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Imagine, what a mess can produce 1 billion+ people ... a 1/2 billion dot IN will be on the aftermarket in a day or two. Especially during the nixi promos s.a. one in January this year - first 3 mo registration was free ($0).
How many have internet and the same opportunity. And how many would still choose .com over country’s ext?

These .in rules are BS. It’s straight-up Communism. Where is ICANN? And it doesnt affect me! Allll .com, baby

Last edited:
•••
How many have internet? The same opportunity.

That's the point. What if only 500K people domainpile 1/2 billion of dot IN during the nixi -free 3 mo - promos?

Last edited:
•••
How many have internet and the same opportunity. And how many would still choose .com over country’s ext?

These .in rules are BS. It’s straight-up Communism. Where is ICANN? And it doesnt affect me! Allll .com, baby

ICANN doesn't have any authority over the ccTLD's.

•••
ICANN doesn't have any authority over the ccTLD's.
You’re right; ICANN can barely handle ComNetOrg.
I feel better :) Lol

Last edited:
•••

ICANN has no say in this. Also, beyond the scope of this thread, .us isn't any better. F'in cool ccTLD, unfortunately I'm not at liberty to own one.

I don't blame them. There's pros and cons. No matter how much I hate it, they're protecting US registrant's rights. As they should be.

Same goes for .in.

•••
Last edited:
•••
ICANN has no say in this. Also, beyond the scope of this thread, .us isn't any better. F'in cool ccTLD, unfortunately I'm not at liberty to own one.

I don't blame them. There's pros and cons. No matter how much I hate it, they're protecting US registrant's rights. As they should be.

Same goes for .in.
.us is a whole other story;
GoDaddy is the back-end operator of our beloved .US.

Apples and Oranges. .US needs proof you live in the US to own it; but… Zero hinderance to list and sell anywhere. @Dot.us (will hate me for tag) go-to for .US

Last edited:
•••
.us is a whole other story;
GoDaddy is the back-end operator of our beloved .US.

Apples and Oranges. .US needs proof you live in the US to own it; but… Zero hinderance to list and sell anywhere. @Dot.us (will hate me for tag) go-to for .US

It seems apples to oranges but at the core it's not.

Cctlds are/should be there to support the online presence of locals. Not investors or people who have no business there .

Blocking resellers and prohibiting foreigners owning ccTLDs both serve the same purpose.

•••
I'm a naughty boy though. I do 'own' a dozen or so .us domains ;)

•••
It seems apples to oranges but at the core it's not.

Cctlds are/should be there to support the online presence of locals. Not investors or people who have no business there .

Blocking resellers and prohibiting foreigners owning ccTLDs both serve the same purpose.
And .Us isnt perfect by any means;
By biggest gripe with it is forced privacy off;
but it‘s OK.

You convinced me! Unfortunately, i find .in’s methods… extreme, but you’re right; they serve country registrants.

Curious, how many .in owners agree with Registry ways.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
They have more power than they realize.
True that. And them speaking their mind is what drives change or gives affirmation that the status quo is the best direction to be heading in/continue at.

Derailing a bit ... :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
I don't know why Ali Reza gave his innovation to godaddy?

First they ended direct payout to BTC, and now they don't want .in domains on Dan.
.in is a TM problem for DAN! Lol

•••
The prices of .in domains, especially lll.in domains have reduced drastically, I am desperately trying to sell premium lll.in domains, not able to sell any and I am making great losses.

•••
I hate how the .inRegistry and nixi do business… Why…

This rules came because of few registrars

for ex mitsu with the use of registrar api which is quick and more faster has registered many 3 letter domains and premium domains at the time of drop catching and sold it for higher prices

many people gave complaint ..

Raj G is the name who is the son of mitsu owner has occupied many domains on his name

so registry has tightened the rules from then

•••
DAN will lose users of. in

•••
I received a similar e-mail from DAN.COM.

NIXI trying to add more festive spirit to the .IN domaineering experience. The colorful Registry.IN website which promotes .IN domains had an advertisement for ID sale that says .IN domain for 75/- INR (This price is less than the price of 1/2 KG Gulab Jamun Gift Can. Gulab Jamun price in AMAZON India is INR 20/100gms)

•••
.in registry says you are not supposed to sell .in. You can instead get money from someone who gets your .in domain. What will they do: probably nothing. I mean, can they cancel registration of buyer or seller? If this is not possible don't block sales, or allow sales for cheaper ones , like 4 figure or less.
I think Epik doesn't allow it either. There is a buyer, we make a deal, but there is no way to get money, give domain. ..or do rent to own. it was for rent, but at the end, donate the domain.
Things are too strict and vague for .dk domains, but I think .in domains should be safe to sell. Or hide the sale from the registry. Don't make it public. Epik allows nonpublic sale (of other domains). Why am i talking about Epik, there is no reason, it is a familiar example.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back