Dynadot

Opinions on Adegro Parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

yes

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whatt's the general opinion of those of you who have been using Adegro ? Is it doing well in spite of the generalized slump in parking revenue ?

P.S. is there something wrong with the site ? I just get an error message.

•••
netmeg said:
Then why would the balance be lower than the revenue, when there's been no payouts yet? Or am I still misunderstanding something?
No, you're understanding well :) but at night (CET time zone) and/or public European holidays there are manual reviews and updates of the stats (and of course the accounts) made, since many revs come in later. So maybe sometimes you see some confusing values that are currently beeing corrected.

•••
Ok... it's just my stats/balance numbers have been the same for a number of days, and I was confused, and didn't want to try more names in till I was sure I understood it properly. I'll wait a bit and see if they even out.

•••
Hmm, I was going to move some more domains over - I think they're looking a little ad-heavy now though, at least in the layout I see. Those chitika mini malls kind of put it over the top.

•••
I kind of like those chikita ads because they add some pics to the page.

I added some new domains so I can get a better idea of how this performs overall, they're not the greatest keywords so it takes a few to get meaningful traffic.

Adegro works well for my web2.0 domains that are made up words because I can set my own keywords and sections.

•••
Timewarp said:
I kind of like those chikita ads because they add some pics to the page.

I added some new domains so I can get a better idea of how this performs overall, they're not the greatest keywords so it takes a few to get meaningful traffic.

Adegro works well for my web2.0 domains that are made up words because I can set my own keywords and sections.
Yes, the Chitika ads add a little bit of life to the pages and people like them so far. And they have excellent CTRs :)

•••
Dumb Questions.........

I am lazy and didn't research before I ask....so....pardon me....but

I see the google adsense ads and am sure you will make money from them but

Do you earn commission on the linked websites?

Are they all affiliate programs? you have to sign up for them or are they all CJ affiliates?

I am interested in the linked websites and revenue stream.

Thanks,
Paul

•••
has2hands said:
I am interested in the linked websites and revenue stream.
You probably mean the non-bolded "read more" links in the content areas, right? These are part of the content, which is very important for the indexing. ADEGRO does not earn commissions for the websites linked directly in that way. There is a maximum of 7 outbound links of that kind.

•••
Thanks Michael,

That was exactly what I was asking about.

I thought I saw some referral codes in the sites when I landed on them?

Too bad you can't tie those together.

Good Luck,
Paul

•••
I'm Having some trouble in getting the page working. I did set my nameservers to adegro, But they are not loading any page. Until now I have 4 domains and only 2 are working.

•••
cafi said:
I'm Having some trouble in getting the page working. I did set my nameservers to adegro, But they are not loading any page. Until now I have 4 domains and only 2 are working.

a) Did you set up all 4 domains on the adegro site?
b) Try restarting your browser/computer because sometimes the old DNS gets cached.

I agree with the affiliate idea, there are lots of affiliate data feeds with content that could be used. eg. Amazon has books for everything, adegro could search our domain keyword for a book, show an excerpt as content then provide an affiliate link to it.

Id also recommend cloaking the affiliate links because google doesnt like to see too many of those on a page.

•••
cafi said:

When I set mine, it took about 12 to 16 hours before I got anything but a blank screen. But then it worked.

•••
I am setting up some sites and so far it is looking as it is going to save me a lot of time as this is what I was going to basically do to my parked domains with a minisite anyway.

A couple of questions.

1. I am hosting the domains and downloaded the files. All is working ok. What I have done is created different folders for the different domains in the root directory. Was this necessary? As far as I can see, there is no reason why all the domains cannot point to the one folder in the root directory.

Anyone see any problems with that?

2. I have 2 domains the same name, one .com and the other .asia

On the .asia, the ads ping the keywords I have used straight away, whereas the .com, with the same keyword only gives me public service ads. Is this just a settling down thing. Just seemed funny that the other domains I have done pinged the keywords immediately. Any thoughts?

In regard the mentioning of the Chikita ads, I have found that if you use a centered layout (at bottom of the options) these ads do not show up.

It would appear then that we can have a choice.

One final thing. Is it envisioned in the future that we will be able to have the option of putting something like an eBay affiliate section in there?

Thanks for a great idea.

Oops.

Got the Chikita ads for the first time just then. Thought it was the ad on the right out of the container. Sorry about the mis-information.

Google ads have settled down now.

Am going to try a domain I have parked with Sedo.

This domain receives 30+ visits a day but stuff-all click throughs.

See how it goes here.

Don't know why the visits. It is a good keyword domain name but I suspect that I have picked up an expired domain with traffic.

•••
I have noticed inmy source code that the keywords on the home page are not matching the keywords that I am defining. It is rather picking up the sub-page names.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a goof.

•••
I had set up one domain using their name servers, but even after 2 days , it was not resolving, so I reverted to conventional parking

•••
dnk said:
I had set up one domain using their name servers, but even after 2 days , it was not resolving, so I reverted to conventional parking

I have had that problem with other parking companies before too (Sedo included).

I put that problem down to my host rather than the parking company.

I have set up about 90 domains by pointing them to a folder in my root. All working perfectly that way. Just that little problem as stated earlier in that I cannot seem to control the keywords on the home page.

•••
oblongpeg said:
2. I have 2 domains the same name, one .com and the other .asia

On the .asia, the ads ping the keywords I have used straight away, whereas the .com, with the same keyword only gives me public service ads. Is this just a settling down thing. Just seemed funny that the other domains I have done pinged the keywords immediately. Any thoughts?

I got a couple of .asia domains that I would like to try with Adegro.
Is your .asias getting any clicks and revenue???
I got them all at Sedo but there is no clicks so far after 3 days.

•••
Got 2 clicks on .asia domains there already. Only been there 3 days and not optimised yet or domains indexed. Early signs looking ok.

•••
oblongpeg said:
I am setting up some sites and so far it is looking as it is going to save me a lot of time as this is what I was going to basically do to my parked domains with a minisite anyway.

Same thing for me, I was just figuring out how to program a parking script that pulled in content like this then found Adegro had it all figured out and really developed the idea. Makes my life much easier.

With Adegro we can SEO our domain a bit and get PR and search traffic, with Sedo it's limited to type-ins and bots.

I got an email about a new feature to add your own custom content, anyone tried that yet?

•••
Timewarp said:
I got an email about a new feature to add your own custom content, anyone tried that yet?

I am using it.

It allows you to add text to the home page. You are unable to add links as the html tags restrict you to <p>, <br><h1> and <h2>

Still it does give you an opportunity to add unique content.

•••
Can you add CJ affiliate links or Linkshare affiliate links to their webpages?
This is what I've been looking for!

•••
I have been getting a few clicks now and then; have to translate them from euros into dollars in google, but it was a pleasant surprise. Since at least three of my domains aren't indexed, I would kind of like to know where the traffic is coming from - if we ever get the ability to add analytics or some other tracking javascript, that would be great, otherwise, if you could give us some traffic information Michael, that would be nice too.

Also, I'm not sure the reports are working entirely correctly. I'm checking domain by domain to see which ones are getting how many visits and clicks, and the numbers for each don't add up to the totals. Also, it would be way handier to have a line for each domain and specify a time span, rather than the other way around - if one had, say, 50 domains, it would take forever to check each one out separately.

•••
trlsker01 said:
Can you add CJ affiliate links or Linkshare affiliate links to their webpages?
This is what I've been looking for!

If you are running the domains from your server, you have the pages in your folder. So, hyperthetically, anything is possible.

However, their TOS bans you from altering the code in any way or form.

So, they are saying that it is a no-no.

Would have liked to do something like that too.

nutmeg said:
Also, it would be way handier to have a line for each domain and specify a time span, rather than the other way around - if one had, say, 50 domains, it would take forever to check each one out separately.

I agree. This is totally vital.

Tried to find where some clicks came from on unindexed sites as well. Not much fun looking through 80 domains with their setup.

Actually, haven'yt seen them at this thread for a while now.

•••
Affiliate Links: there is already a feature where we can choose up to 5 links per site so the affiliate links could go there. they would probably have to be straight html links - no tracking img for example.

And I third the idea for stats that show all the domains at once.

•••
Clicks on .asia

oblongpeg said:
Got 2 clicks on .asia domains there already. Only been there 3 days and not optimised yet or domains indexed. Early signs looking ok.

Do you have to submit your .asia sites to search engines to crawl Since you had it recently like I have?

Or do we just wait till it gets crawled by the bots to see significant clickthroughs???

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back