Domain Empire

Opinions on Adegro Parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

yes

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
trlsker01 said:
Do you have to submit your .asia sites to search engines to crawl Since you had it recently like I have?

Or do we just wait till it gets crawled by the bots to see significant clickthroughs???

From what I have read (I am by no means an expert) the bots will find you sooner or later if you have inbound links.

Why not sumbit them to at least google and yahoo. Takes a bit of time but should make indexing faster. Just make sure there is content on the domains first.

Timewarp said:
Affiliate Links: there is already a feature where we can choose up to 5 links per site so the affiliate links could go there. they would probably have to be straight html links - no tracking img for example.

There is an area for up to 8 links.

It seems to only allow anchor text. You have given me an idea though. Going to try something.

•••
Timewarp said:
Affiliate Links: there is already a feature where we can choose up to 5 links per site so the affiliate links could go there. they would probably have to be straight html links - no tracking img for example.

Interesting in deed! See what Adegro would say about this, we could put text affilitate links on those cells and generate affliiate revenues!

Last edited:
•••
I had a look at that. You are limited to 35 characters so I didn't muck around with it. Just used it as a simple text link to a couple of my other sites.

•••
Thats a good idea, Ill check but I think it's cool.
Right now Im almost doing that - Im linking to some of my own affiliate shops but I guess I could also be sending people directly to the merchant.

•••
•••
Ok, can anyone report their performance results with Adegro from the USA? I know you are not inclined to give specific numbers (but if you are, by all means do so) . So, some idea of #visitors, # clicks, CTR, and revenue (like ###, $###.##) would be helpful. Also, any comparison to other parking services you have tried would be appreciated.

Also, are you getting listed in the search engines just by being at Adegro?

Thanks for any feedback.

•••
I've been getting clicks here and there (although I can't tell for sure which domain because the reports don't seem to work right) But it's been kind of slow the past couple days, and checking, another three domains that were previously indexed in Google are completely gone - de-indexed, don't show up with the site: command. Doesn't bode well.

•••
Just wondering how everyone else is going with Alegro lately.

Have noticed that the few clicks here and there on brand new .asia domains have dried up.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I wonder if by setting up our sites and checking them live we were giving false links or if the clicks were a teaser.

I do wish that Alegro would supply some sort of info service on their site.

I am seriously having second thoughts.

•••
Anyone still using Adegro?
I had a few domains there and the sites are all down for 2 days now.
Haven't heard back from Adegro when I emailed them.
The interface works and I can log in but parked pages are all down.

•••
My guess is that they got bitch slapped by adsense......... It was only a matter of time they way they had their pages set up.

•••
The last couple times I went to look, they were down so I finally took my domains out. They owe me a few euros, which I'll probably never see.

•••
Too bad, I hadn't been watching my domains there for a while but recently went back and added some custom content and added a bunch of outgoing links to seo some sites I have developed. Didn't realize they were going down often.

Time to talk to Parked I guess.

•••
I hadn't been monitoring my domains either.

They are up at the moment. But I did notice a lot of the sites with public service ads on them, while others do have proper adsense.

Not much happening in revenue, but at least the domains are indexing which is not happening with the ones in Parked for some reason.

•••
oblongpeg said:
I hadn't been monitoring my domains either.

They are up at the moment. But I did notice a lot of the sites with public service ads on them, while others do have proper adsense.

Not much happening in revenue, but at least the domains are indexing which is not happening with the ones in Parked for some reason.

Google is very weird about indexing parked pages. I used to have one domain on parked that was on the first page for very competitive terms. I even have one on bodis that I have noticed is #1 for the terms I want. However, there is no rhyme or reason to it..... as many domains don't ever get indexed at all, even with numerous backlinks. I never really saw the point to Adegro... why wouldn't you just create your own template with adsense, fill in the same bogus content just like they do, and get 100% of the money instead of a portion of it. The whole point of using a parking company is because generally they get better paying feeds than we can as individuals. I know I am never going to get a $10 click with adsense, but on Parked.com or Fabulous I have had them, due to the higher paying ad feeds. This is really the only reason to park names. And, well.... laziness. ;)

•••
Trying on two domains which i picked up only today :)

•••
My domains have been down for 5 days now, Ive emailed 3 times with no response from them. Either this is very bad customer service or Adegro is a scam. Not recommended.

I get the following error on all of them:
gecoParking] Error! Domain not defined!
You see this message, because the domain mentioned above is not defined to be used with the gecoParking domain parking. Please go to the gecoParking website at www.gecoparking.com, sign in and define the domain in the admin interface (section "Manage domains"). Please note: The entry in the URL field must match exactly the URL you see above (no http:// or www. or other).

Not sure if they are affiliate with gecoparking.com or just using their parking script.

•••
Here's an interesting how-de-doo: out of the blue I started getting emails from hn90.com that one of my domains was parked with them but not set up yet, and asking if I needed help setting it up. I went to look at their site, and it was pretty much a clone of Adegro, only with different colors and a different name - and a few other differences. But lo and behold, I could log in and my adegro domains were there in the account settings (even though I moved them away long ago) So I exchanged emails with these people, thinking maybe they'd bought out Adegro. Turns out, Adegro (or someone else, possibly) sold them the entire program (not the business - just the program) AND INCLUDED THE ADEGRO ACCOUNTS INFORMATION in the installation! Now, it doesn't look like the payment information is there, but I don't even remember if I ever put any in on Adegro.

The bottom line is, if you had an Adegro account, you may also have an account at HN90 and whomever else they sold the program to, and they may or may not have passed your information along as well.

Another thing I'm not impressed with this week.

•••
Well the original owners of Adegro were pretty adept at English, but it was their second language. There were a couple things I suggested they change the wording on, as I recall.

These guys must have resold the package around - another adegro clone popped up in another post here - I think it was geco something? Only they wanted $300 just to sign up. Exact same software though.

•••
In short there seems to be no EZ solutions to alternative parking, gaining SEO, making revenue at the same time without the time of your own labor, blood sweat and tears put in to website creation whether they be mini or full sites. Stuff like this you become at the mercy of a 3rd party. Avoid the headaches, do your own creation and hosting. Time and hard work will pay yourself off.

•••
Well this post has been dead for some time, but I thought I'd post an email I got from Adegro just today, sent straight to my inbox.

[English Version]

Dear ADEGRO Users,

the ADEGRO Domain Parking Portal is taken over by Webpartner Kommunikationsdienste GmbH. The service is running on Webpartner servers since 07-01-2008.

Webpartner is a successful german web company, settled in Munich, since 1998. For more information, visit us at http://www.webpartner.de (german).

To stay in business, we ask you to confirm our terms and conditions, because of the takeover. To do this, just login on ADEGRO homepage by the 31th of October 2008. You are prompted to accept our new terms and conditions.

If you don't accept our terms and conditions, we'll pay your assets and close your account.

We would be pleased if you trust webpartner and do business with us furthermore.

best regards,

Martin Müller

They got bought over....

•••
And meantime, they're sending the existing accounts information with the packages they're reselling. Geezopete. Wish I knew someone over in Europe who could do a little kneecapping.

•••
Thanks I need this info's

•••
Got the same email yesterday.

It states that they have had it since July.

Perhaps explains why my clicks have gone from 0.05-0.15 euro down to 0.01 and 0.02 euro.

I'm pulling out. Lets see if they honour their promise of sending a cheque.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back