IT.COM

Afternic Closed Their Marketplace

NameSilo
Watch
When you go to Afternic.com there's no option to search for domains. There is a link to GoDaddy where you can search but it doesn't show every name that's available on Afternic.

Interesting.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
compared to just setting up names at DAN. I'm moving names over a couple dozen at a time until they catch up then I add more. It's taking quite some time, yes

I don't think a curated marketplace that takes a week to ensure quality names are chosen and marketed on their platform is an issue. Anyone can list any crap directly on DAN. It's the quality of the network that is part of the reason sites like SH and BB work in the first place.

•••
I don't think a curated marketplace that takes a week to ensure quality names are chosen and marketed on their platform is an issue. Anyone can list any crap directly on DAN. It's the quality of the network that is part of the reason sites like SH and BB work in the first place.
i definitely see the difference, and I wish there were another way too. the UI is not designed to do a lot at a glance, I have to wait to generate descriptions, wait to install lifestyle images, wait to see what get approved, Im not complaining, I recognize its a different animal compared to what Im used to. Look at my portfolio, so many things at different stages. All Im saying is its a lot more work and a lot more wait, I hope it will be worth it. So far I do love the logos

•••
takes a week
https://www.namepros.com/threads/afternic-closed-their-marketplace.1321139/page-5#post-9124217
A week? I wish! I started by moving 42 names there on Feb 26. Maybe 100 more since. Yes, It's slow. Look at all the incomplete submissions in my portfolio. 32 names are currently pending premium decisions. Some are stuck for days with 10 Expert reviews.

Anyway, I am trying to be patient and hopeful. I was completely happy with Dan but I feel GoPiggy forced my hand to move away (trying to get back on topic)

Last edited:
•••
Liquidity issues@ Afternic?

•••
Hi everyone,
We appreciate the feedback on Afternic search. As Afternic mentioned on X, we're transitioning search from Afternic.com to GoDaddy. The strong buyer connection to GoDaddy, along with the multi-currency, global checkout process, and the trusted brand name mean that we chose to direct Afternic searches to GoDaddy.

This move allows Afternic to remain focused on giving sellers the best tools and resources to sell their domain names through Afternic's vast distribution network (85 million searches/month across 100+ partners and resellers for the Premium Network), and the range of optimized landers, all backed by an expert team of brokers. This consistent work will continue to help sellers at Afternic to produce a high sales velocity through the entire network.

For anyone separately looking to take a deeper dive into Afternic's inventory, Domain Academy's toolkit contains an advanced search tool to connect you with inventory.

Again, we thank you all for your feedback on Afternic.com's search directing to GoDaddy.
Honestly, this is a nicely formulated way to say that they were not profitable and you bought their marketplace business.

Best
z

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back