IT.COM

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

NameSilo
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Problem solved, I just got the funds in my PayPal.

But in the Afternic account, I can still see the same message:

"NO ACTION REQUIRED

The sale of blablabla.com is pending buyer payment approval. This may take up to 3 business days. We'll email when the sale has been approved and instructions to begin the domain ownership transfer".

•••
This mix of old and new design is quite mind-blowing. Got a sale, the link to enter the transfer code (from the new design part) opens the transaction assurance page (the old design part) for my previous sale instead of this current one... no way to navigate where it should be...

•••
Well you know what they say you cant make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. Im glad that they are investing in redoing the entire Afternic platform front to back to improve it. It will get there, they have already made a good amount of progress.
In the meantime if you pm me the domain and the transfer code I will get it to the right person.

•••
Thanks I've contacted Afternic support immediately yesterday, they should be sorting it out now.

•••
@Joe Styler One of the criteria for domains to be eligible for fast transfer is "Registration must not be within 30 days of expiration". How strictly is this enforced? I guess that sellers with auto-renewal 'on' for their domains, are missing 1 month each year, with no promotion in the Premium Network. Could you please tell more about how this works in practice?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Fast transfer (premium network) is like regular transfer, so it has to follow the same rules. It is just that the work is done seamlessly behind the scenes for you. The rules of the transfer must still be followed. So for a .com domain as an example if the domain is able to be unlocked and moved to another registrar as a normal transfer it should be able to be moved as a fast transfer. If there is a lock either by the registry, think new registration has a lock by Verisign, or a change of ownership on the Registrant on the WHOIS where they did not opt out of the transfer lock, then it cannot be transferred or fast transferred. If there is a registrar lock, say you just changed accounts and they want to lock it, or there is a sale on the domain and they want to lock it, (various registrars have different ICANN approved locks and rules) then you could not transfer it to another registrar nor could you fast transfer it, same rules. So if you auto renew a domain name with GoDaddy no lock is applied for transfers, (assuming that is all that happened, no change of ownership etc). Therefore you would not be opted out of fast transfer.

The long explanation is to help everyone understand that with a fast transfer it has to follow the same rules as a regular transfer so if your registrar allows you to do a transfer of that domain today to another registrar then you should be able to be on premium promotion/ fast transfer as long as it meets the other requirements like TLDs that are in the network etc. Hope that helps.

•••
Afternic should have to implement a third nameserver or TXT for ownership domain verification

It's tedious and time consuming to have to send screenshots for domains already listed on Afternic

@Joe Styler could you forward this request to the appropriate team?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
They hired a person to head up making listings easier this year so stay tuned. It is a priority for Afternic to make this process better.

•••
The bulk upload has been failing since yesterday. I'm using the same file I always use, and it always returns; you have successfully uploaded 0 domain name(s).

•••
The bulk upload has been failing since yesterday. I'm using the same file I always use, and it always returns; you have successfully uploaded 0 domain name(s).
I can confirm that CSV Bulk Uploading returns "uploaded 0 domains", and is not working today.

Cc: @Joe Styler

Last edited:
•••
I was out traveling last week. I see they fixed this and I also see in the email thread it shouldn't happen again. At least not from this cause.

•••
Today I sent 5 emails to [email protected], to help me with some outdated listings (previous owners). I have attached screenshot from my Namecheap account, as a proof of ownership. And every single email bounced back:

"Message blocked
Your message to [email protected] has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

The response was:
Message rejected. See https://support.google.com/mail/answer/69585 for more information".

I sent a test email, with a few words, and no attachment, and all was fine, no bounce back ...

•••
I sold the name seen in the image below on February 10. It was a Manual Transfer and the buyer received the domain in their registrar account on the very same day, at 13:37:18 UTC.

It's now been 10 days since the domain was transferred and yet my payment has not been scheduled. I know a lot of people receive payments for domains sold through Manual Transfers in 2-3 business days after the buyer gets the domain. So I don't understand why nothing is happening in my case.

When you have bit of time, @Joe Styler , could you please check this?

Thank you.

Afterwaiting.jpg

•••
Today I sent 5 emails to [email protected], to help me with some outdated listings (previous owners). I have attached screenshot from my Namecheap account, as a proof of ownership. And every single email bounced back:

"Message blocked
Your message to [email protected] has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

The response was:
Message rejected. See https://support.google.com/mail/answer/69585 for more information".

I sent a test email, with a few words, and no attachment, and all was fine, no bounce back ...
If you sent a lot of urls in the body it can sometimes get incorrectly marked as a phishing email from our security filters. That may be the reason. If so I apologize but if you email them a quick email asking for help they should be able to help you resolve it. It sounds like that may be the issue to me because you said another shorter email you sent went through. So I believe a quick email explaining the issue will work.

•••
Just noticed some names using ns5.afternic.com/ns6.afternic.com now displaying "Buy now, pay later: Klarna".

Very cool if GoDaddy has introduced this. Not sure if it works exactly like a regular payment plan?

•••
Yes there is a 50/50 split test that started with pay over time. I will have to get some more info on it.
What I do know is if the buyer decides to pay over time you as the seller would be paid in full for the sale. You would not get incremental payments. Not sure on the exact time frame but when the domain sells sometime not at the end of the payments.
This is only currently available on domains up to $20k and is only being tested on half the domains now to see how it performs.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I agree on the US buyer point. Doesn't show at my end.
I am not in the US either, but for some reason it shows. However, if I proceed to payment, there is no option to pay later on. This is what the lander looks like and if you click "learn more"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-01 22.35.01.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-01 22.35.01.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot 2022-03-01 22.35.13.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-01 22.35.13.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 81
•••
I told you what I know. There is a formal announcement coming in the near future that will contain more info.

•••
It is US only, meaning only customers in the US will see this option to pay over time. That may change over time but that is how it is launching for the foreseeable future.
We are using Klarna for the pay over time option, more information on Klarna can be found here. https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-is-klarna-41021

•••
Yes there is a 50/50 split test that started with pay over time. I will have to get some more info on it.
What I do know is if the buyer decides to pay over time you as the seller would be paid in full for the sale. You would not get incremental payments. Not sure on the exact time frame but when the domain sells sometime not at the end of the payments.
This is only currently available on domains up to $20k and is only being tested on half the domains now to see how it performs.
The maximum amount they can pay over time is now $25k

•••
Can't see a Bulk Delete feature there.

What I am looking for is the ability to paste in a list of domains to delete - I can do that at Dan.com in seconds.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back