Dynadot
Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think CHIPs were just a hype and great to make some quick money. Brandable and pronouncables were always going to win the war.

•••
I think we're going to see a jump in LLLL prices across the board because of the attention Clubhouse is bringing to domain names.

•••
Hi

you have to look at the "usefulness" of the letters within the domain,
then you'll see reason for those $$ transactions.

imo...

•••
Just renewed all my remaining LLLL.coms up to 2014. Happy to pay as I want to keep hold of them in order to make more money in the future.

I did have over 200 but decided to sell off the majority and keep the best. This amounts to around 54 mostly quad-premiums.

I just couldn't justify holding single premiums that weren't earning enough to pay for themselves.

The way I have the remainder monetised should hopefully keep paying the renewal fees for a few years until it becomes time to sell them.

I think it's still a good investment but the last few years have been rough.

Selling off the excess was easy enough - I just stuck them on eBay - 7 day auction starting at 0.01c.

Average sale price was around $27 so there definitely is interest in non-premium LLLL.coms.

Big sales do come as well.

I can't go into details but I managed a mid 5 figure sale on one of my LLLL.coms and it still isn't being used 6 months later!

I'll be back to this thread sporadically as I have no need to sell anything at the moment.

Being bullish about domain names in general, I figure it'll be nice to pop back in a couple of years and see some great sales being reported.

Also, just wanted to say thanks to those people who take the time to report sales, it's really helpful for a LLLL.com owner to be able to read about sales of LLLL.com domains.

Last edited:
•••
Taking into consideration high prices for Chinese premium LLLL.com, we may assume that gradually all global supply of such domains will be bought up by Chinese population, who are ready to pay such high prices.

Assuming all Chinese premium LLLL.com (160,000) will be owned by Chinese people (1.376 bln), i.e. 1 domains per 8,600 persons, remaining 297,000 LLLL.com will be spread over remaining world population of 5.93 bln, or roughly 1 domain per 20,000 persons :xf.eek:. To imagine how rare LLLL.com are, on average, imagine that in the whole London (population ca. 8.6m) there will be less than 500 persons each owning just one LLLL.com.

And the amount of LLLL.com will not be increasing, as i.e. amount of luxury watches is increasing each year.

We may consider that in the rest of the world, LLLL.com might be considered in the future as a collectible item, similar to LL.com and LLL.com nowadays.

If we compare such collectible item i.e. with much much more widespread Rolex, which is produced each year in the quantity of 750,000-1,000,000 pieces, and sold on average for USD 10,000 per piece, we may consider that even 900-1,000 USD being paid now for Chinese LLLL.com is a relatively low price, comparing to other collectibles brands.

Sources:
Population: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population
Rolex production volumes and prices: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolex
Chinese premium prices: this thread.

DISCLAIMER
The author owns several LLLL.com domains and may be biased.
:xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Only 138 LLLLcom domains left on Godaddy where BIN price is set under $500
See the LIST

•••
U is problematic letter with few exceptions. Huli is one of them (excluding Russian meaning, but then, there is no H in Russian). It can be pronounced as Huli or Hyuli, which both sound similar. In addition, it is very close to famous service Hulu's name and probably gets some type-in traffic and easier recognition. And generally CVCV pattern commands much higher premiums over the rest.

Zhou is not good comparison either. OU together make an easy to pronounce sound, plus, it is a Chinese name.

You see? does not matter what the LLLL is, at the end of the day, there is nearly always something in it.

8 years ago, when I started this thread, I had to explain this over and over to the naysayers, those who could not believe that the buyout would hold, then those who could not believe any LLLL.com would sell for at least $100 and now, 8 years later, the floor is about $300.

Meanwhile, billions of new internet users and many thousands of new companies joined the world.

And guess what? It's still a long way from over as there are still more billions of people who will get connected and all it takes is a tiny fraction of those numbers to push even higher the price of short .com domains.

Demand & supply, like everything else.

•••
The price of chips and other LLLL.com is really only decided by you guys. If you're not happy with chips selling for $1k-$1,2k each, then don't sell for that price. :)

•••
•••
•••
ename.png

nvnv.com auction
$40,906 10/18/2017 Ename

This sale caught my eye....China's domain marketplace is interesting.

•••
Hey Guys, I am new to domaining and still learning, these short LLL (which assume is letter, letter, letter) why do people buy them they don't make any sense or mean anything do they?

Generally the only ones worth buying are the ones that either have many possible acronyms (whether in English, Chinese or other language that's another topic), or are brandable - meaning they sound like they could be used as a brand like Nike, Biom (I sold this one), Hulu, Dior etc. Random combinations are going down the hill in value, e.g.: kzvf.com. Domainers have been buying and selling mostly the latter, however you should stay away from it in my opinion, unless you bet on another domainers buying frenzy.

•••
Sold :

oaio.com for $9,790.00

Sold it about two weeks ago on sedo, a bit of luck involved there I guess.

•••
•••
GoDaddy Auctions:

zomo.com $27,555

It went pretty high right from the beginning. Will be interesting to see if it was an investor or end-user.

•••
Mark Levine just sold SOLA.io today for $3688 (seen on twitter)

Last edited:
•••
Anyone following the recent Namejet auction results?

Looks like over the last 2 weeks, only about ~30 domains out of 150 sold were below $500

And the overall quality of all those 150 seemed to have been quite poor as well (imho, I'd probably only bid on 10 out of those)
Slowly over time the quality names continue to find homes in safer hands ie) Taryn

Once in those hands you can never shake them out for cheap. Still lots in Chinese portfolios, a good majority are under water, many have been shaken loose, but more to come. It’s quality over quantity.

NameJet as an organization is not doing much to find new inventory sources, one of which includes making it easy for domain holders to sign up to sell new inventory. Just same recycled over reserved domains keep going thru the platform.

•••
p2pg isn't actually a 4L.com but the price is stellar.

Probably has to do w/ the fact that it addresses the gaming industry, which is really hot now.
No not at all.......I sold it to a company called.

Point-to-point Global in Canada. Hand regged it 20yrs ago. :xf.grin:

•••
Is it just me, or are prices for certain llll.coms at auction going up a lot right now? Just yesterday at NameJet and GoDaddy there were these results for what I would consider good, but not super premium names:

gapz.com $5000
teys.com $4400
slfp.com $3600
dlot.com $2100

On the other hand, ewdx.com fetched only $178 and dwvs.com $172.

It seems like there are bidder wars for certain names, while other names attract few bids...

•••
•••
I own Dafz.com - Dafz is Dubai airport freezone - and it contributes to 5 to 10 percent of dubais GDP. they have dafz.ae as the official site

•••
ALL(!) today's sales of LLLL.coms at tdnam auction of expired domains.

Sorted alphabetically, including 10$ (obligatory regfee). Total of 114 names. It took me some time to collect all data, sort it, add regfee, but now it is ready.

Rep appreciated.

aebx.com $256
apkz.com $60
arjf.com $286
bbqv.com $145
bdvf.com $98
bhuy.com $76
blhz.com $60
bnyf.com $92
bqda.com $45
btaj.com $116
btey.com $185
bujf.com $57
buzp.com $57
bvjj.com $36
bvkk.com $68
bvzd.com $30
bweq.com $45
bwro.com $135
bxdb.com $45
bxtu.com $35
bxur.com $46
bybf.com $109
bzlo.com $52
bzuv.com $35
ccvz.com $41
cexg.com $106
cjdz.com $30
cknp.com $167
clwo.com $135
clxk.com $35
cmzh.com $55
cqoe.com $45
cqom.com $47
cqwo.com $40
cszh.com $36
cujv.com $40
cuyh.com $30
cwzf.com $35
czje.com $30
dbtq.com $35
dhfq.com $45
djoq.com $40
dkqe.com $35
dmvw.com $71
dpiy.com $86
dpum.com $201
dqhr.com $45
dtkn.com $151
dujg.com $36
dulh.com $135
duwq.com $36
dwzr.com $25
dxoh.com $48
dxtm.com $35
dyio.com $175
dzgt.com $36
dzqi.com $31
eaqf.com $50
ecgq.com $25
ecqt.com $55
ecqx.com $25
eczv.com $35
edfq.com $36
eezv.com $66
efjy.com $36
egqp.com $25
ehuj.com $136
eiys.com $70
ejwi.com $50
ejwp.com $30
ekcq.com $30
ekdt.com $67
ekqo.com $50
ekug.com $240
elgq.com $35
emxt.com $86
enqg.com $25
enqs.com $80
envh.com $64
eogy.com $85
eoql.com $30
eosz.com $66
eoup.com $135
eovk.com $36
eowk.com $52
eozb.com $61
epvy.com $106
epzf.com $36
epzm.com $42
eqaj.com $110
eqjx.com $25
eqyf.com $25
erfz.com $45
erqg.com $40
ervb.com $67
etgy.com $110
euqz.com $35
euvh.com $36
evqj.com $25
evvj.com $31
ewtq.com $25
hehq.com $105
ilxe.com $61
jdag.com $284
pbhj.com $66
plsq.com $55
qesy.com $292
sebx.com $110
swmo.com $275
tkmx.com $192
ulxa.com $61
ulxe.com $61
utkg.com $40
yrfp.com $232

•••
•••
Just sold FPFX(.)com for $2,000
My second FX domain sale :D

•••
I just got Bagz(,)com. Perfect for a designer bags store or something similar. What do you guys think?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back